Best Way to Find Lost Life Insurance Policy ?

If it was released to the state or acheated, reassure should have record of it.. It is also possible that before the company went into receivorship the original client liquidated her policy. You mentioned they couldnt find the person or policy, but were you sure to have them run the social and DOB of the insured in question?
A private investigator should be able to assist with finding. Possibly one that will work for 10% of the claim, only if found.

We have a letter dated Jan. 1986 from the original carrier (with the policy # included of course)sent to policy owner /insured acknowledging that her request to change beneficiary to my client has been processed..My client lived next door to the policy owner and was basically a caregiver to her .That reason and the fact that policy holder had no friends or family left is the reason she made my client the beneficiary and also willed all her other possessions to her.I tell you all this beacuse my client even helped insured with her financial affairs and would have known if she lapsed or cashed in the policy.Furthermore my client said she wasn't the type of person that would let the policy lapse and didn't need the money from the surrender.I know anything is possible but i believe this policy was in force when she died.Not sure if she requested a search by ss# and dob but I don;t think think that is necessary now since we sent letters to the Illinois DOI where she lived when she bought the policy and FL DOI where she lived when she died and where my client the beneficary resides requesting them to bum rush Reassure America 's office and find the the policy.It's only a 10k policy so i don't know if a PI is feasible

Back