Best Way to Get Leads

JimmehBone

Expert
I'm new to the insurance game, will be getting my license soon and will be working at NYL. My question is, how do you get leads and what is the best way to do so?

I'm new to the insurance game, will be getting my license soon and will be working at NYL. My question is, how do you get leads and what is the best way to do so?

NYL has all the answers you are looking for........

NYL has all the answers you are looking for........

sarcasmometer-16-4.jpg

Poke around here and look at the different stuff folks are talking about. You're going to hear a lot of interesting stuff at NYL and some of it works. Some of it is the foolish traditions of our forefathers.

Tough to read sarcasm :-/ I've read many good post about nyl on here. Maybe there is negative post im missing. Off this site i've found a few bad reviews. Mentioning you rent a cubicle and they force you to sell to family and friends. Im looking forward to neither. But I mainly started this thread to get my mind working on how to get leads. That being at any company I end up signing with, cause I do want to give this a try. I'm 21, my old career has no jobs open in my area right now. So I mine as well try this for a bit at least. any advice?

Tough to read sarcasm :-/ I've read many good post about nyl on here. Maybe there is negative post im missing. Off this site i've found a few bad reviews. Mentioning you rent a cubicle and they force you to sell to family and friends. Im looking forward to neither. But I mainly started this thread to get my mind working on how to get leads. That being at any company I end up signing with, cause I do want to give this a try. I'm 21, my old career has no jobs open in my area right now. So I mine as well try this for a bit at least. any advice?

yelp.. An attitude change is in order.. If you are going into the business "just to give it a try" you are probably not going to make it. :no:

I meant I don't have any kids or a mortgage and what not so I can afford the risk of failing. Doesn't mean I'm gunna slack and I deffinately want to make it work. I am going to give it a try, but I'm doing it to make more money the harder I work.

I meant I don't have any kids or a mortgage and what not so I can afford the risk of failing. Doesn't mean I'm gunna slack and I deffinately want to make it work. I am going to give it a try, but I'm doing it to make more money the harder I work.

I think what's trying to be said is that this business, to coin a phase "its an adventure not just a job." You cannot look at this like an hourly or salaried job. This is your business you own it. To a true entrepreneur the idea of failing is not an option or even a consideration.

Those people that enter this business because they see big $$$ in their mind last about 6 months...maybe. Its a marathon...the story of "the tortoise and the hare" is very appropriate in insurance selling.

If you decide to still become part of the community then make it about helping people and putting them in a better position for their future. If that becomes your passion then you will succeed like so many on this forum; if its all about the money then save yourself the time, energy, & frustration it will take to become a successful insurance producer and move on.

Fair enough, i've been researching and am thinking about making a combined marketing campaign. Does anyone know much about telemarketing services? I'd want them to make 6,000 calls a month. anyone know the average success rate and cost? I'm gonna give a few companies a call and get quotes tomorrow, but any info would help. thanks.

Back