Best Way to Get Leads

Congrats on getting into the business! I'm not sure what line of business you are going to concentrate on (maybe you said it and I read over it?) but I have a business insurance marketing blog that may give you a few ideas for generating leads regardless of what line you are looking to get into. It's at njbusinessinsurancelady

Best of luck!:)

I was in your posotion not too long ago. I wanted to get started but had no idea where to begin. Long story short i'd like to share this with you. Finalexpensebootcamp.com. It's been a blessing. Good Luck.

I was in your posotion not too long ago. I wanted to get started but had no idea where to begin. Long story short i'd like to share this with you. Finalexpensebootcamp.com. It's been a blessing. Good Luck.

I checked out the website! Thanks by the way for posting the link.

In my opinion this job is misnamed. I don't sell insurance I prospect for insurance.

Any agent who learns to prospect will never be without someone to sell insurance to. Many agents go broke buying leads long before they start earning enough money to live on.

Focus on learning everything they can share with you on how to prospect.

In my opinion this job is misnamed. I don't sell insurance I prospect for insurance.

Any agent who learns to prospect will never be without someone to sell insurance to. Many agents go broke buying leads long before they start earning enough money to live on.

Focus on learning everything they can share with you on how to prospect.
dang, frank that was eloquent. i bet you talk those 70 year old women out of their drawers.:twitchy: is obamacare leavin med supps alone?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
did you move to fla? right in the thick of retirees?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the ones that sent me some good lead sites, i'm not planning on buying them off the bat though. Want to get some income coming in before I try that route. Whats a good way to prospect? That basically means finding the best candidates for the policies right? Does anyone who worked for NYL know what they do about leads. Is it completely on you? If so, does cold calling actually work, I mean im willing to spend 4 full days callin 200-300 people if it actually gets me 10 appointments each weekend. Im also a pretty outgoing friendly guy anyways, how bout just walking up to random people in a mall or gas station starting up a random convo and casually start talking about work, anyone try that? thanks again for all the advice.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
did you move to fla? right in the thick of retirees?

hmm not a bad idea:idea:

Last edited:
It is completely on you, but part of the value of NYL is that you have a TON of folks there to help you learn to prospect for yourself.

Cold calling definitely works, but not for everyone or every product. Using the FE script on Free Telemarketing Scripts I had an agent in my downline write $7k in FE premium in a single week. Admittedly he had appointment setters using it for him, but the script itself worked great. Using the exact same pitch and appointment setters in Connecticut they fell flat on their faces. It could be that folks in CT are a little more harsh with overseas appointment setters or that it doesn't work in CT, but some folks certainly do it successfully.

What you'll likely realize soon, if you haven't already, is that there is no "best way" to get leads. Some folks swear cold calling is terrible, other folks love it. Some folks hate internet leads, some folks have built their entire careers on them. Some folks would never think of door knocking, others wouldn't do it any other way.

your manager wants you to get into as many sit down interviews as possible to learn. thats why they push friends and family. once you get the interview process down, buy a list from josh there of small business owners with less than 5 employees and go see them. cheap way to learn since the big boys haven't pounded the smaller businesses as much. then graduate yourself to the phone. once comfortable with the phone, buy leads and mix that in.

Thanks Josh, been reading alot of your post, very helpful.

Does anyone know the legality of door knocking in Connecticut? google is a bust on this -_- i think id get some really good results doing this.

Back