Best Websites for P&C Jobs?

It was a serious question, not meant for someone to make a joke.

Yes it was a serious question, and his answer was serious too. Doesn't mean it's not funny.

Type "commercial insurance account manager jobs" into google and you'll have opportunity than you can shake a stick at.

I don't understand what the issue is.

In my town there are 4 decent size independent agencies. (and several small/captive etc agencies)

You could probably walk into all 4 and get a job...

If you cant find a job in insurance, its because youre not looking very hard.

It was a serious question, not meant for someone to make a joke.

If it's serious, then why don't you give more specifics? You're essentially saying you'll take the first job that comes along, whether it's the job you want or not. You feel directionless, so I'm not sure how we're supposed to guide you if you don't know what you're looking for.

I suggest you go to google, indeed, call agencies, or maybe spend some extra time speculating on what you really want.

There are plenty of commercial account manager P&C positions available, but if you don't know what you're walking into or looking for, you're gonna have a bad time.

As has been suggested already, contacting agencies directly, whether they have a job posting or not, is probably your best bet. You may be surprised to find out how many businesses are looking to hire and don't have a job posting listed.

Maybe he should change his avatar.

View attachment 8514

Just a fun little tidbit since we are on the topic...

Lewis Carroll’s 1865 novel “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” famously features an eccentric character called the Hatter, who’s referred to in the story as “mad” and became popularly known as the Mad Hatter. However, the phrase “mad as a hatter,” used to describe someone who’s crazy or prone to unpredictable behavior, didn’t originate with Carroll. Instead, the expression is linked to the hat-making industry and mercury poisoning. In the 18th and 19th centuries, industrial workers used a toxic substance, mercury nitrate, as part of the process of turning the fur of small animals, such as rabbits, into felt for hats. Workplace safety standards often were lax and prolonged exposure to mercury caused employees to develop a variety of physical and mental ailments, including tremors (dubbed “hatter’s shakes”), speech problems, emotional instability and hallucinations.

Just a fun little tidbit since we are on the topic...

Lewis Carroll’s 1865 novel “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” famously features an eccentric character called the Hatter, who’s referred to in the story as “mad” and became popularly known as the Mad Hatter. However, the phrase “mad as a hatter,” used to describe someone who’s crazy or prone to unpredictable behavior, didn’t originate with Carroll. Instead, the expression is linked to the hat-making industry and mercury poisoning. In the 18th and 19th centuries, industrial workers used a toxic substance, mercury nitrate, as part of the process of turning the fur of small animals, such as rabbits, into felt for hats. Workplace safety standards often were lax and prolonged exposure to mercury caused employees to develop a variety of physical and mental ailments, including tremors (dubbed “hatter’s shakes”), speech problems, emotional instability and hallucinations.
I love the etymology of phrases like that. Very cool.

Relevant story:

My wife's cousin LOVES sushi. She ate it daily until she got mercury poisoning.

She was sharp as a knife but all of a sudden started forgetting things and her wit left her. Thankfully, her husband made her go see a doctor and they figured out the cause.

Full recovery but that shit is scary.

Back