Beware of TruStage

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Wrote a man about a year ago with Transamerica. He had COPD and dropped my policy and bought TrueStage. He told me he told them about his condition and they said it was OK. Well his wife called me Friday and told me he died. I asked if she needed any help filing a claim and she said TrueStage had canceled his policy because they found out he had COPD. I told her he should have called me and she said he was to stubborn. I told her his stubborness has sure put an uneeded burden on her. Can't fix stupid.

Would not the same have happened if he did call you? He died before he made it through the waiting period.

Would not the same have happened if he did call you? He died before he made it through the waiting period.

My assumption is that he placed the client with trans due to his COPD. He would be standard with trans which doesn't have a waiting period.

Transamerica standard was more expensive than TruStage so he switched . Contestable but would have paid. Even a smaller face to match the TruStage premium would have been better than nothing. His daughter sure is glad that she won't have the same burden when her mother dies. She bought and kept hers.

Back