Blocking a MAPD disenrollment to retain clients- is it legal??

You can, however see who is about to fall off.

Let me ask you this . Why do you think Humana encourages agents to monitor there future disenrollments?They want you to save your business . They had an email at the end of oep telling agents to check there disenrollments .I save 3 a month from those scumbag call centers . Everyone one thanks me because they didn’t know they were flipped . Fishers a little slow . United Healthcare no longer shows future terms so your blind . I’ll always protect my book from scum bag call centers .I fight fire with fire and take pride in crushing call centers

Fisher how the hell could you not know such basic things as how to monitor your dis enrollments?

I know many Medicare agents who make it a routine practice to monitor "pending disenrollments" from their book of business, and then call (or visit) the clients to dissuade them from enrolling into a different plan. They then contact the carrier (prior to the end of the month) to cancel the new application- thus maintaining the beneficiary on their personal book of business. Am I missing something about CMS regulations? It is my understanding that this practice is illegal. Every year I take the AHIP training, and it clearly states that this is an illegal practice. So how are agents getting away with doing this? I have heard agents say that they are entitled to perform a "QA visit" to determine the reason for the client's dissatisfaction. Others say that carriers "allow this practice" if the client was enrolled over the phone or they called after seeing a Medicare TV commercial. Still others say that it is not illegal if the new plan hasn't started yet. I don't recall reading anything about these exceptions in AHIP training or through CMS/Carrier information emails or letters. I have lost many clients to other agents over the years but have never attempted to block the disenrollment. If this is a legal practice, I need to change the way I am doing business. Would love to hear your thoughts.

But see Runner dude when I replace a plan I spend 10 mins warning a guy like you will call them . I even do a mock call and Pretend I’m you . I beat in there head to not ever talk to you . This is against agents who the clients hasn’t seen in yrs . If they have an active agent I walk .

Last edited:
Tell me where to find it, champ. I've already pointed out that it is nowhere obvious in my portals.

Someone showed you above on Humana . It’s under consumer insights , future terms in vantage . United you can’t detect future dis enrollments . You used to be able to download your commission statement to excel and see future disenrollments . WellCare download your book of business and view it . Shows future disenrollments . Anthem you can see also

Last edited:
But see Runner dude when I replace a plan I spend 10 mins warning a guy like you will call them . I even do a mock call and Pretend I’m you . I beat in their head to not ever talk to you . This is against agents who the clients hasn’t seen in yrs . If they have an active agent I walk .

I do the same thing. To begin with, I always have “permission to contact”- never cold call. So the people who are returning “request for information” cards must be looking for something potentially better. I always make changes for the better. If I can’t- I leave it alone. This is legal. Interfering with a disenrollment is not legal. I don’t make the rules- CMS does - and the rule is very clearly stated every year in AHIP training. If I am wrong, please show me the CMS rule that states it- but it’s not there. I wish it was. I also know there are many inappropriate changes being made. I also want to protect my book of business. Everybody does. It does look like CMS is requiring carriers to beef up their surveillance of inappropriate and illegal agent activity- and are requiring them to report it to CMS. I’m just looking for answers to the problem that are CMS approved.

Back