Blue Cross Says '80-85' Percent Of Obamacare Enrollees Are Paying

Of course I have read/seen polls, TimSip..both for and against Obamacare. Polls are initiated by organizations reaching out to the public for their opinion(s).

My point is that negative and positive passions have not been stirred to the point of people initiating actions to display how they feel. We saw those opposing strong emotions outside of the Supreme Court building in 2012, but little organized public opposition or support since then.

Granted, most of the ACA clients I acquired were people who did not have health insurance, or were entitled to a subsidy. So I didn't get the extremely negative responses. But that will change if/when the pre-2014 health plans expire. Those who are left on those plans earn near/over 400% of FPL and (wisely) decided to "keep their plan". Knowing that they will eventually be forced into an ACA-compliant makes these clients very angry just thinking about it.

Perhaps as more of the Affordable Care Act is converted to rules and implemented, things will change. But for right now, people are just quietly accepting the subsidy gift, or boiling on the inside if they were forced to buy an ObamaCare policy. We'll see in November which side wins out.
ac

So far there isn't a place like the SCOTUS to get riled up. Remember, midterms are this year and I can assure you that you will hear from the populace. Keep tabs because those that support will be fewer number of events and attendees.

You seem to dismiss polls generally and you have seen polls both for and against. Show us the polls with a favorable opinion of Obamacare.

So far there isn't a place like the SCOTUS to get riled up. Remember, midterms are this year and I can assure you that you will hear from the populace. Keep tabs because those that support will be fewer number of events and attendees.

You seem to dismiss polls generally and you have seen polls both for and against. Show us the polls with a favorable opinion of Obamacare.

I agree 100% TimSip. Rather than be riled-up in public, the mid-terms are where people will express their satisfaction/dissatisfaction with ObamaCare, among other things.

Also, I don't "dismiss" polls, as you say. It's just that they are not effective in generating change and are usually skewed to meet an agenda.

Last edited:
The placement numbers for Obamacare are looking strong. I know this kills the fanatic republicans morale, but the truth is people are paying their premiums.

Thats not entirely true. They are paying the premiums becasue the tax subsidy makes the payment amount nothing or next to mnothing. If the premium amount i sover 5
$50.00 that 80-86% lowers to below 20%.

Thats not entirely true. They are paying the premiums becasue the tax subsidy makes the payment amount nothing or next to mnothing. If the premium amount i sover 5
$50.00 that 80-86% lowers to below 20%.

A) That's why they have the subsidies.

B) Do you have evidence to back this up?

A) That's why they have the subsidies.

B) Do you have evidence to back this up?

I understand thats why they have the subsidies but the %'s are skewed. If the cost of insurance is $0.00 the consumer is not "paying" for coverage.
As for having proof yeah i have proof, none that i can show you. I look at the proof every day. i am not trying to cause anyone here grief at all, just voicing what i know. If it offends anyone thats not my intent.

I understand thats why they have the subsidies but the %'s are skewed. If the cost of insurance is $0.00 the consumer is not "paying" for coverage.
As for having proof yeah i have proof, none that i can show you. I look at the proof every day. i am not trying to cause anyone here grief at all, just voicing what i know. If it offends anyone thats not my intent.

No offense. I'm just used to some of the people I know finding random statistics, so I like to be able to look at the original source of them.

Back