Booking FE Appointments. Some Advice Would Greatly Be Appreciated.

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
I have had a few leads and so far I only have been trained to book appointments. I have booked some appointments but then when I confirm with them they tell me over the phone that they have decided not to go for the life insurance or for one reason or another they will tell me not to come over with the information.

I am new to this so would like some advice.

If they tell you don't come would you go either way to their door and knock either way after a few days per even weeks? Would you even try to book an appointment? I was taught to book appointments but maybe it's best not to book them. Thank you in advance for your help!

I have had a few leads and so far I only have been trained to book appointments. I have booked some appointments but then when I confirm with them they tell me over the phone that they have decided not to go for the life insurance or for one reason or another they will tell me not to come over with the information.

I am new to this so would like some advice.

If they tell you don't come would you go either way to their door and knock either way after a few days per even weeks? Would you even try to book an appointment? I was taught to book appointments but maybe it's best not to book them. Thank you in advance for your help!

After you set the appointment, do not call back to confirm. Just show up at their door at the scheduled time. Set them only one or two days out

Zen, go knock on their door. Knock every lead you have.

Calling to confirm? Are you booking several days out? What is your up line advising?

I call to confirm the night before. My up line tells me to book appointments. I book appointments usually for a day or two.

I'm still a rookie which is why I ask this. Even if the lead tells you they are not interested would you go to their door as if you never were told no? Would you even book the appointment?

In case anybody is wondering these are TM leads.

I call to confirm the night before. My up line tells me to book appointments. I book appointments usually for a day or two.

People have ALWAYS called me crazy but I usually call and even text my clients while I'm on the way to their house as a friendly reminder that I'll be there shortly. I do not mention "life insurance" when I'm on the phone with them. And I also schedule appointments for the next day ONLY if I can help it. If you are calling the night before to confirm that tells me you're setting too many appointments too far in advance.

Maybe this will help you.

You can always call me and we can discuss ideas over the phone that might help.

I'd not call to confirm.

New agents can not operate as do more experienced agents, it's so important to see people.

I don't usually book appointments at the door, I ask, after a short introduction, "may I come in."

Best wishes

I'd not call to confirm.

New agents can not operate as do more experienced agents, it's so important to see people.

I don't usually book appointments at the door, I ask, after a short introduction, "may I come in."

Best wishes

So normally you just go to their house with no appointment? Just get the lead and show up right?

I'm still a rookie which is why I ask this. Even if the lead tells you they are not interested would you go to their door as if you never were told no? Would you even book the appointment?

In case anybody is wondering these are TM leads.

If they set an appointment to begin with, there is something there. Give them a week to forget you, then go knock. Also, forget what your manager is telling you, it is not working. Confirming FE appointments?:err: That is an effing joke.

Take this bull by the horns and hit the street with leads in hand. This ain't NYL or NML. Knock, get in, present, close. Never look back. Put the damn screws to 'em. And if they don't buy? "Next"!

p.s.- On a lighter note, the Eagles just signed my man Tim Tebow!

People have ALWAYS called me crazy but I usually call and even text my clients while I'm on the way to their house as a friendly reminder that I'll be there shortly. I do not mention "life insurance" when I'm on the phone with them. And I also schedule appointments for the next day ONLY if I can help it. If you are calling the night before to confirm that tells me you're setting too many appointments too far in advance.

Maybe this will help you.

You can always call me and we can discuss ideas over the phone that might help.

What about when the appointment is over an hour away? Do you just make sure to other door knocking, appts in that area?

I have had a few leads and so far I only have been trained to book appointments. I have booked some appointments but then when I confirm with them they tell me over the phone that they have decided not to go for the insurance. I was taught to book appointments but maybe it's best not to book them.

Unfortunately, it sounds like either

A. You are getting some VERY BAD advice

OR

B. You are not doing what your trainer is recommending

Are you being told to set appointments DAYS ahead of the appointment? If so, you are getting bad advice.

Are you being told to call and confirm your appointments? If so, being that you're new, this is bad advice.

How many leads are you getting a week? If less than 25, and you are being told to call to set appointments, then you are getting bad advice. You should be door knocking every single lead if you are taking LESS than 25 leads a week.

If you are taking more that 25 leads a week, and are CONFIDENT about your appointment setting abilities, then you should spend the entire day before you go in the field setting appointments for your field day. NEVER set appointments more than 48 hours out and NEVER call to confirm.

When you have years of experience, and can afford to blow leads, then call to confirm your appointments.

If I were you, I would consider finding a trainer or mentor that will stay on top of you and that will give you really good advice! lol

----------

What about when the appointment is over an hour away? Do you just make sure to other door knocking, appts in that area?

I can't speak for Spur but for me, if the appointment is 2 hours away, I DO NOT call to confirm. I make sure that I have multiple appointments in any given area so that when I get there, it is worth the while if I do get stood up.

But even if I do have only 1 appointment and it is an hour or so away, I would rather go and take a chance on them not being there, then call to confirm and have them cancel so that I have Zero chance of making a sale.

Back