Booking FE Appointments. Some Advice Would Greatly Be Appreciated.

What about when the appointment is over an hour away? Do you just make sure to other door knocking, appts in that area?

95% of my appointments are within an hour away. And the ones that are more than 45 minutes away I'm going to call for sure unless I'm having a bad day then I might just show up unannounced. But as a rule I almost always call or text that I'm on my way.

People have ALWAYS called me crazy but I usually call and even text my clients while I'm on the way to their house as a friendly reminder that I'll be there shortly. I do not mention "life insurance" when I'm on the phone with them. And I also schedule appointments for the next day ONLY if I can help it. If you are calling the night before to confirm that tells me you're setting too many appointments too far in advance.

Maybe this will help you.

You can always call me and we can discuss ideas over the phone that might help.

When they say....what is this about?

What is your response?

Doesn't our lead card mention life insurance?

When they say....what is this about? What is your response? Doesn't our lead card mention life insurance?

I can't give all my secrets away for free on here you know? :). J/K Jerry this is a loaded question that I will respond to when I have more time.

I just had somebody from out of town show up to train with me today so I will get to this late tonight.

I've never had any luck calling to confirm. If my apt setter set an appt more than 1 day out she will call and confirm and seems to do alright. I, on the other hand, always get the "We changed our mind," objection.

If I get an appt that asks me to call first before I go out, I've learned that that's code for they are 90% of the time going to be a no show. I have my appt setter double book those time slots in those situations.

I only call if they are a good distance away, and only if it's the last appt of the day or sometimes if I have to leave an area for one appt to only come back to where I was before. And then I would suggest calling from another number that's not in your business card, see if they answer and either hang up or ask for the wrong person...just to see if they are home.

For those of you who don't call to set appointments but simply show up and door knock them, what time of day do you normally do this, morning or afternoon? Also, do you find a particular day of the week to be better than others?

Last edited:
I call to confirm if I've hit my weekly goal and the appointment would make me late for a tee time. My experience is that confirming means cancelling. Can't tell you how many times when I'm at the door I've heard "Ohh I completely forgot you were coming! I really don't have time today." I just tell em I'm out of time as well and fortunately this won't take long........DING (as the 360ers say):D

You're over thinking. Leads to paralysis by analysis. Just do it!

M&M, OK, I cannot stand this any more.

WHERE did you get that avatar picture? Please tell me it was photoshopped. Nobody has a neck that long.

I bust out laughing every time I see it.

Now, if that's a real selfie you did, let me know and I'll send you a written apology, in triplicate. :twitchy:

I've never had any luck calling to confirm. If my apt setter set an appt more than 1 day out she will call and confirm and seems to do alright. I, on the other hand, always get the "We changed our mind," objection.

If I get an appt that asks me to call first before I go out, I've learned that that's code for they are 90% of the time going to be a no show. I have my appt setter double book those time slots in those situations.

I only call if they are a good distance away, and only if it's the last appt of the day or sometimes if I have to leave an area for one appt to only come back to where I was before. And then I would suggest calling from another number that's not in your business card, see if they answer and either hang up or ask for the wrong person...just to see if they are home.

How about if you didn't make the appointment because they said something like "oh this is life insurance? I already have life insurance" or moreso "I'm not interested anymore"? When they flat out reject you, do you wait a few days just go in person either way?

Back