Breaking news

I thought that article said (signing agreements) were put off, did I misread? I also thought plans had been approved. The agreement's could be how an insurance company will be paid subsidy money, commissions, etc. I'll have to go back a read that article again.

You read it correctly, BlueDiamond. Signing Agreements were put off until Mid-September. There's very few people and/or entities whose verbal approval would cause me to begin a huge project. HHS is NOT one of those entities. Some verbal approvals have been given, but no legally binding approvals. Not until "Mid-September"...

I also see them putting off penalties for 2014 soon for not having coverage. If they extend open enrollment through April, you now can have up to 4 months without coverage.

You read it correctly, BlueDiamond. Signing Agreements were put off until Mid-September. There's very few people and/or entities whose verbal approval would cause me to begin a huge project. HHS is NOT one of those entities. Some verbal approvals have been given, but no legally binding approvals. Not until "Mid-September"...

Thanks, I was just searching for the article, I do wonder what agreements though.

----------

I also see them putting off penalties for 2014 soon for not having coverage. If they extend open enrollment through April, you now can have up to 4 months without coverage.

Well that could be and there must be something going on, no 2nd part of certification, no TV ads that they said originally would start in August. Apparently no one in Washington can take in charge approach and get it done. They have had over 3 years to get systems together and programs built. I knew since it was the govt it would take a while but over 3 years? My god I could have learned programming and spanish by now.

I'm uninsured. In October, I want to buy a plan effective in November. I have to go uninsured for months?

what difference does it make? your uninsured now... your irresponsible now by not having coverage what is another month or 2?

Not you....its what I have already told several potential clients... unless that is you don't have any coverage now

Back