Brightway vs Goosehead - Franchise Agency Opportunities

For example, I have been in a training all morning for the past hour. This is ALL about the premade templates for the mortgage companies, how to send, and what goes to the customer. These are tips and templates that save agents thousands of hours to create. Further, I used to sell CRM systems, templates are the hardest thing to set up. This is just ONE example of how hamburger university is paying off!

What percentage of GH/BW franchisees have prior insurance industry experience? Just curious. It seems to me they are marketing primarily to thoseoutside the industry but I could be wrong. (Nothing wrong if they are, of course)

What percentage of GH/BW franchisees have prior insurance industry experience? Just curious. It seems to me they are marketing primarily to thoseoutside the industry but I could be wrong. (Nothing wrong if they are, of course)
I think it is about 60% non-prior and about 40% have prior agency ownership or worked in an agency. The model works the same for both. I am having lunch tomorrow with a former nurse (30yr) who just opened her own agency 12 mo ago and is killing it. I am also meeting with an agent in Chicago who spent 5 years as a top SF producer. So there are all kinds.

Sorry, newbie here resurrecting this conversation. Great content on this thread, by the way. Thank you to everyone for your contributions. I learned a lot reading through this.

I've had my P&C license for just under a year. My goal is to transition away from the corporate world and earn a decent living into retirement. I've done the surface level evaluation of both GH and Brightway. In fact I have a call this morning with Brightway. Why a franchise vs. Indy? For many of the reasons already outlined, but most importantly, I want my customers serviced well and I want to focus on growing the book. I also see the value in franchising, given their systems, the volume of carriers and options; however, the costs are pretty steep - both on the front end and ongoing. Brightway does offer a less expensive $5K agency/owner option, but the commission split is much better for the $30K (of course....).

There were some comments regarding groups handling the back end customer service and carrier management. I don't want to hijack this thread to explain that for my benefit, but if anyone can point me to a thread here on the forum that might explain that solution a little better, I'd be interested in learning. My decision time horizon is the next 1-3 months, so I'm still very much evaluating options. TIA for any input.

He is PGI, But he can help consult you the right direct whether PGI or not. He is no compensated to get you on the PGI train. He'll just help...

Cool, but make sure you use them as a resource. They have all sold for other groups before, worked for carriers, Owned agencies, started from scratch, know countless agents, have helped countless agents. Take it slow. If it is not 100% consultative, call me.

No one should be sold on a group. This is a huge decision, all angles and questions need to be understood. Talked through nice and slow.

Cool, but make sure you use them as a resource. They have all sold for other groups before, worked for carriers, Owned agencies, started from scratch, know countless agents, have helped countless agents. Take it slow. If it is not 100% consultative, call me.

No one should be sold on a group. This is a huge decision, all angles and questions need to be understood. Talked through nice and slow.
She is great by the way!

Great advice. Thank you. Yes, I’m moving slowly. I’m pretty sure the network or group approach is the right vehicle for me, and now I’m digging into the details of each.

Back