Buying Mutual Products or Not Mutual

cubicle telemarketing shops

Using the phone to set appointments, I would say all of them do that (probably any insurance salesman no matter where they work). When I think of "telemarketing shops", that means dialing and selling over the phone. I'm personally not aware of any mutual insurance company that teaches people to sell that way.

I don't do cold calls. In my agency what works for you and helps your client your/agency/company business is good.

With insurance and finacial planning i don't see it possible to fact finding, explain illustrations (li,ltdi, ltci, fiancial plans) on the phone. Even one of those involves deep explaination. And client that gives you his/her trust deserves that.

About wl premium, i have a client with more than 50 yrs old policy that pays by itself, 4 times the cash value it was promised.
The agent already passed away so i am taking care of this client right now. By the way there are more than 100k policies that are over 50 yrs. old.

Again go back to history. It tells you facts than speculation.

What insurance company is your client insured with? QUOTE=go2dnxt;632195]I don't do cold calls. In my agency what works for you and helps your client your/agency/company business is good.

With insurance and finacial planning i don't see it possible to fact finding, explain illustrations (li,ltdi, ltci, fiancial plans) on the phone. Even one of those involves deep explaination. And client that gives you his/her trust deserves that.

About wl premium, i have a client with more than 50 yrs old policy that pays by itself, 4 times the cash value it was promised.
The agent already passed away so i am taking care of this client right now. By the way there are more than 100k policies that are over 50 yrs. old.

Again go back to history. It tells you facts than speculation.[/QUOTE]

Hi go2dnxt, since you deal with different carriers maybe you can answer my question. How do you compare dividend with other companies and present to client as in mass mutual who computes it and does not include their expenses compare to other companies who does. Thanks.

Can you pls tell me which company are you comparing to mass and if there is a company document showing how they credit thier dividends that is even better.

Using inforced illustration on 20 yrs or more may tell you how various companies perform for their policy holders.

Not one particular company.. Just I know mass has a brochure that says they compute their dividend not including expenses but some company do. You know the other thread I asked this question but you might know answer too. Would a policy rated standard in Mass disqualify them from getting dividends?

No. They are all participating plan if they are in a whole life policy. They will be part of dividend distribution. Dividend credit might be smaller due to risk class compared to better rating.

It will show in the illustration no matter what rating they are in.

go2dnxt said:
No. They are all participating plan if they are in a whole life policy. They will be part of dividend distribution. Dividend credit might be smaller due to risk class compared to better rating.

It will show in the illustration no matter what rating they are in.

Maybe you misspoke or I misunderstood but there are many whole life policies that are not participating and will not recieve a dividend.

Back