C SNP Am I missing something

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I run into this all the time The CSNP is less benefits then the reg MA plan as far as I can see and sometimes for more money

So what's the point beyond EP

Are they getting anything they wouldnt get with reg MA plan

Looking at one now in TX, However I see this in Many places

the gold plan is $29 instead of the $0 the reg MA PPO would be with the same company
The primary is $5 instead of $0 the spec is $45 instead of $40

Ok the hosp is $260 instead of $290, but still pay extra day more so a long stay would actually be less on the reg plan
on the CSNP you have to pay extra for dental instead of included you get $100 less for glasses

What am I missing why does the CSNP exist if it is not only not giving more but less then what's available without special medical conditions?

Prescriptions associated with the specific chronic illness for the CSNP are typically on lower tiers than on a regular MA plan.

Prescriptions associated with the specific chronic illness for the CSNP are typically on lower tiers than on a regular MA plan.

Not really seeing that when I run meds even the $35 copay for insulin in on the reg plan
not really seeing the advantage of it

Not really seeing that when I run meds even the $35 copay for insulin in on the reg plan
not really seeing the advantage of it

In ga Humana has a $50 a month food card on csnp . I replace every regular plan left and right for people with heart and diabetes. Also has more otc and more vision .The problem is if they don’t get that form filled out or the dr doesn’t answer the phone call from the company. They will be disenrolled in 60 days . I’ve come close a few times .

In ga Humana has a $50 a month food card on csnp . I replace every regular plan left and right for people with heart and diabetes. Also has more otc and more vision .The problem is if they don’t get that form filled out or the dr doesn’t answer the phone call from the company. They will be disenrolled in 60 days . I’ve come close a few times .

If I seen that more I would understand most of the CSNP's I see are UHC in TX was the last place I looked

I do work in GA IL IN TX NC TN SC and few others but I do a lot of MedSupp

I think most of the CSNPs I looked at lately have been IL and TX maybe a few TN I haven't really took too much notice

till today I just realized every time I look, which is not that often, but over time it is enough times, it always looks worse

As you can see in my example everything is less less dental less vision less everything not more not even the same or close but less

I will look out for opportunity in GA now though

I run into this all the time The CSNP is less benefits then the reg MA plan as far as I can see and sometimes for more money

So what's the point beyond EP

Are they getting anything they wouldnt get with reg MA plan

Looking at one now in TX, However I see this in Many places

the gold plan is $29 instead of the $0 the reg MA PPO would be with the same company
The primary is $5 instead of $0 the spec is $45 instead of $40

Ok the hosp is $260 instead of $290, but still pay extra day more so a long stay would actually be less on the reg plan
on the CSNP you have to pay extra for dental instead of included you get $100 less for glasses

What am I missing why does the CSNP exist if it is not only not giving more but less then what's available without special medical conditions?

You are obviously referring to United Health Care. It's only with the PPO that the benefits are Lesser. The CSNP HMOs usually offer more. The ONLY HMO carrier that I know of that does not do that is Humana CSNP.
The $29 plan includes 12 free trips to doctor visits in the area where I work, but it's the only perk that can't be found on the regular PPO. The only thing that I can come up with is that the carrier can't "manage" their chronic conditions properly on a PPO vs an HMO, possibly losing money. They can require or strongly suggest certain tests, provide certain chronic drugs free of charge on the HMO vs PPO. If the prospect has LIS, the $29 premium could be reduced some.

You are obviously referring to United Health Care. It's only with the PPO that the benefits are Lesser. The CSNP HMOs usually offer more. The ONLY HMO carrier that I know of that does not do that is Humana CSNP.
The $29 plan includes 12 free trips to doctor visits in the area where I work, but it's the only perk that can't be found on the regular PPO. The only thing that I can come up with is that the carrier can't "manage" their chronic conditions properly on a PPO vs an HMO, possibly losing money. They can require or strongly suggest certain tests, provide certain chronic drugs free of charge on the HMO vs PPO. If the prospect has LIS, the $29 premium could be reduced some.

Which carrier do you use a lot for CSNP's Dont really have the networks on WellCare, Plus just with drug clients the calling over seas for CS, is a real PITA

Don't remember ever seeing Aetna come up much for it

But I haven't used Cigna much don't know how they are

Some CSNP's are downright stupid. There is a diabetic CSNP in one of the markets that I am engaged in that does not participate in the insulin savings program. No telling what the rationale is.

Which carrier do you use a lot for CSNP's Dont really have the networks on WellCare, Plus just with drug clients the calling over seas for CS, is a real PITA

Don't remember ever seeing Aetna come up much for it

But I haven't used Cigna much don't know how they are

My market is San Antonio. The ONLY competitive CSNP HMO is UHC's due to heavy penetration by a dominant medical group with a strong disease management structure. Aetna plans do not not offer the $35 insulins. For those, you have to use any UHC plan (HMO/PPO) or Humana HMOs or all Devoted HMOs. I don't know much about Cigna, which has less than 2,000 members in the county that are easily cannibalized by other agents, except for their DSNP HMO.

My market is San Antonio. The ONLY competitive CSNP HMO is UHC's due to heavy penetration by a dominant medical group with a strong disease management structure. Aetna plans do not not offer the $35 insulins. For those, you have to use any UHC plan (HMO/PPO) or Humana HMOs or all Devoted HMOs. I don't know much about Cigna, which has less than 2,000 members in the county that are easily cannibalized by other agents, except for their DSNP HMO.

So basicly the 2 companies you said have a better plan non CSNP unless I am missing something

Devoted is one I am looking into picking up for next year How is their network been

Back