CA L&H Test This Week - Help Please

they were just joking with you. they are ca agents, look at america's professor, they have a national test course... i used them, they have a demo you can watch, and see if you like them. i like the way he presented it... he is a professor at montana u. i watched testteachers demo. they were ok, but the professor, was easier to follow..

I'm not sure what you are talking about. In California, you can either get separate Life & Health licenses, or you can take a combined test for a "Life Agent" license, which includes both.

Only in California would I need a "Life Only" license to sell health. And, I don't sell life.

Uh... you need the "Accident & Health" to sell Health... not the "life only".

They've updated this in the past couple of years.

The test isn't that hard. Read the question, read ALL of the answers, pick the best one.

If you don't know the answer, they may give you the answer in a later question. I remember this happening a few times on my test. It was convenient.

Also, remember, passing is passing. 70% or 100% is EXACTLY the same. Use common sense, if in doubt, pick the answer that protects the client the most (this really works in securities tests).

Good luck.

Can't help with your question, haven't taken the test in a LONG time.

Dan

Thanks you guys. I really do appreciate the helpful advice (along with the ribbing!)

Test tomorrow. Thank goodness. I'm getting sick of doing these questions over and over!

Don't focus on passing. Focus on wanting to become an expert in the field. I don't necessarily want a doctor who scored a 70% on this exam and the 30% his missed results in a wrong diagnosis.

Maybe an electrician in MD squeaks through the test but screws up on the section that deals with codes and after he's finished with the job, it doesn't pass inspection.

Shoot for 100% by really digging in and and studying instead of trying to only focus on questions you think will be on the test and ignoring the rest.

Thanks, healthagent. I understand what you're saying - and I also know from having a P & C license for 30 years, that what you need to know to pass the test is just the tip of the iceberg. It's really rather intimidating; and I'm not even planning to sell, rather work on the inside. (I sure wish I was good at sales, I'd probably have made a lot more money by now!) OK, now, back to studying my a** off...

Last edited:
Thanks you guys. You're not going to believe this, but I thought I'd rescheduled the test, but apparently it didn't go through on their website, and by the time I figured it out, they wouldn't let me reschedule for the next day. They made me wait 24 hrs., and by that time, all of the space for tomorrow (Friday) was already taken. So, now I have to wait until next Wed. to take it. It's pretty pathetic that I miss the days when the CDI was administering the tests themselves. I am so bummed. Now I'll have it hanging over my head for the holiday weekend. OK. Enough whining out of me. Thanks again for all of the advice. I'll let you know how it goes, and if I glean any info that might be helpful to someone else, I'll pass it along.

Back