Calling Past Clients and Asking Them for Referrals!!

SpokaneInsurance

I ran out of referrals and want to call up past clients and ask them for referrals. Has anyone been doing this? I wanted to see what other people have been saying to their clients. I was thinking of calling clients when we get their renewal download (p&c-auto and home) and asking them for referrals on that call. I am thinking of saying something like "Hi ____, how are you? Your auto policy renews in a month and I was calling to see if you wanted anything changed or updated? bla bla. Well, who else do you know who I could work with to help in the same way I have helped you....." or something along that line.

or....I have started a new referral program that if you refer someone to me and I do business you will get a $20 gift card of the store of your choosing.....

Does this work?
IT sounds like you are begging for business.

It works for me on the p&c side. After I close the sale I tell them I'll send them a $10 gas card for each person they refer to me. You get better quality than internet leads and it motivates your clients to help you a little.

...with gas prices the way they are I may need to increase the amount up to the state limit.

Asking for referrals IS begging for business. That doesn't mean it doesn't work. Our clients know how we get paid and they know we need new clients for that to happen. It's to their advantage for us to be successful and stay in the business.

Asking for referrals IS begging for business.
nothing wrong with begging....

begging-cat.jpg

Asking for referrals IS begging for business. That doesn't mean it doesn't work. Our clients know how we get paid and they know we need new clients for that to happen. It's to their advantage for us to be successful and stay in the business.

Precisely...besides, people love to respond when there is a "cry for help." I have been running a referral program for 6 years and it is by far my best marketing ROI.

Precisely...besides, people love to respond when there is a "cry for help." I have been running a referral program for 6 years and it is by far my best marketing ROI.

can you share any details on that referral program of yours? what line(s) of business are you writing?

can you share any details on that referral program of yours? what line(s) of business are you writing?

I'm in p&c...

I reward everyone with a small gift that refers others to me whether we write them or not. I then put them into a monthly drawing for a bigger gift and at the end of the year, I give away a grand prize (usually a big screen tv or something).

I promote this program aggressively with a monthly agency newsletter, social media, email, flyers, phone conversations, etc.

Just make sure you check with your state DOI before proceeding with give aways such as this.

Back