Can health insurance companies exclude cancer all together?

Julie Ladner

Not just exclude as a preexisting. I'm being told that a distant friend is having testing done to determine if she has cancer (which would be the first time), and that her insurance company doesn't cover any type of cancer treatment/testing/etc. This just doesn't sound quite right to me.

Not just exclude as a preexisting. I'm being told that a distant friend is having testing done to determine if she has cancer (which would be the first time), and that her insurance company doesn't cover any type of cancer treatment/testing/etc. This just doesn't sound quite right to me.
must be on Freedom Life from USHEALTH.........

In addition to the other suggestions, it could be an STM plan.

I'm getting my info second hand, and I don't think it is accurate. This person has worked for a reputable neurologist for several years. Hard to believe her insurance wouldn't be legit. And I certainly wasn't believing health insurance companies could exclude cancer. Worried a scam fundraiser might be in the works. Thanks for your reply!

I'm getting my info second hand, and I don't think it is accurate. This person has worked for a reputable neurologist for several years. Hard to believe her insurance wouldn't be legit. And I certainly wasn't believing health insurance companies could exclude cancer. Worried a scam fundraiser might be in the works. Thanks for your reply!
IF she is in texas have her call me......

As long as it is in their filing and they are not arbitrary and capricious, they can exclude anything they want

Also depends on the test. If it's experimental then yes. Or maybe from some alternative Dr which I've seen happen before.

Health insurers can no longer charge more or deny coverage to anyone because of a preexisting health condition like asthma, diabetes, or cancer.

Back