Can You Maek MDRT Selling FE

Yes but the fallacy of fixed cost leads is in very low return areas you still must provide a huge area of data to get your steady leads.In the end you still must travel a lot.Bottom line no matter what type leads you work unless you work near heavily populated areas one must travel.

I hate to say it... but I think MDRT has outlived its usefulness.

It was founded back in 1927 for top agents who sold $1 million of face amount (which was a LOT back then) to get together and exchange sales ideas. It was also the time that the CLU designation was founded.

Now all of this was before the internet and the proliferation and ease of getting information into the hands of others.

Today, we've got SO MANY various resources available because of the internet... and companies have created their own top producer conferences... that it seems the only people who need/care about MDRT are those who are with companies that have a long history with it.

Most of the MDRT members seem to be foreign. You can't bring your spouse. And I personally think that attending too many presentations would case a disciplined producer to lose focus on their business, and become an 'opportunist' (looking for any possible sale versus focusing on a specific profile).

I do buy individual presentations from the MDRT store. That's where I got my John Savage "Selling Masters" package. There are a few more things from their online store that are worth purchasing... but I'd rather pay the $10-$15 for the each individual presentation audio and manuscript than to pay $600 + attendance fee + hotel, etc. to hear everything and then to sort it all out later.

In my opinion, going to company sales trips and attending focused industry training events are a far better use of your time and money... than going to MDRT annual meetings.

For example, I'd rather attend the IARFC Business Owner Consulting Workshop for $395 (plus travel & hotel).

Or attend an Insurance Pro Shop boot camp for $1,250.

There's also the IARFC CE-at-Sea cruise that may be worth attending... but I've also seen a lot of pictures with a lot of people with a lot of grey and white hair. I'm not quite that old (yet)!

For those who are use specific selling systems, such as LEAP or Circle of Wealth, their organizations have training conferences geared for them.

One I may consider is Ed Slott's Instant IRA Success workshop.

With so many other avenues to be more focused on areas you may want to specialize... why would I want to spend similar money to hear a bunch of speakers speak for an hour for a short-term overview?

If your intent was to force me at gunpoint to attend any of those meetings with those stuffed shirts then you better be prepared to use that gun.:goofy:

Yes but the fallacy of fixed cost leads is in very low return areas you still must provide a huge area of data to get your steady leads.In the end you still must travel a lot.Bottom line no matter what type leads you work unless you work near heavily populated areas one must travel.

Sure, you always have to find enough data but that doesn't necessarily mean anyone has to travel 2 hours or 3 hours a way. Just to be clear, in his area there is plenty of data to keep him in the Panhandle with 20-30 leads a week.

What about the Fallacy of doing your own mail drops? I wanted to check out a couple of new areas so in early March, I dropped over 7,000 pieces of mail, and so far have paid $42 per lead.

Sure, you always have to find enough data but that doesn't necessarily mean anyone has to travel 2 hours or 3 hours a way. Just to be clear, in his area there is plenty of data to keep him in the Panhandle with 20-30 leads a week. What about the Fallacy of doing your own mail drops? I wanted to check out a couple of new areas so in early March, I dropped over 7,000 pieces of mail, and so far have paid $42 per lead.

Why didn't you drop them with fixed cost?

Why didn't you drop them with fixed cost?

Great question!

In all honesty, I was hoping to do better on the returns since I haven't worked/over mailed those areas before.

By doing my own mailing, I can go check out the area, and then can decide if I want to start going there regularly or not. If so, I can start doing Fixed Cost leads there and give my normal areas a break.

Great question! In all honesty, I was hoping to do better on the returns since I haven't worked/over mailed those areas before. By doing my own mailing, I can go check out the area, and then can decide if I want to start going there regularly or not. If so, I can start doing Fixed Cost leads there and give my normal areas a break.

I could never do what you do. If I wrote 400k, I'd take every other year off.

Back