Canada Pharmacy

kgmom219

What's Next?
5000 Post Club
Texas
Client is recently on Eliquis and figured out that Canada is going to be cheaper. She needs an RX and the cardiologist told her he has no ability to write a hard copy RX. (Which may be true, but whatever)

So for agents doing this on a regular basis, how do advise clients to get prescriptions up to Canada?

Client is recently on Eliquis and figured out that Canada is going to be cheaper. She needs an RX and the cardiologist told her he has no ability to write a hard copy RX. (Which may be true, but whatever)

So for agents doing this on a regular basis, how do advise clients to get prescriptions up to Canada?
My doctor writes out the prescription and gives it to me.

I get a hard copy prescription from my dermatologist and internal med docs. No prescription pad needed . . . printed from the office software and signed.

Hand written Rx is kind of old school, but even my previous dermatologist who was older than me had the ability to print an Rx from the office software . . . actually he didn't do it, his office staff did.

Yeah, they just print it out. In other words, surely he can do it if he really wants to.

I've had cases where the electronic method isn't working with the pharmacy and the Dr has to fax the prescription. This guy's office has never had to do that? But we are a little more primitive over here........

Caveat, not an agent (but I am a Medicare Beneficiary and have ordered a medication from Canadian pharmacies in the past).

Price Pro pharmacy (the Canadian pharmacy I have used) has a provision to receive prescriptions by email or fax.

My approach would be to get the medication information from Doc, reseach pricing on Pharmacy Checker.com, go to pharmacy I wanted to use, see their prescription submission options and go back to doc's office and ask them to submit a prescription for me in the appropriate manner. Once there has been an appointment with doc, he has done exam and determined relevant prescription, the followup can be done by request through doc's nurse (in my PCP's practice anyway). I would just have to tell PCP's office NOT to automatically submit prescription to my local pharmacy.

For a new prescription with immediate need, one might have to work out a dual prescription-a short term local pharmacy fill to last until the initial Canadian pharmacy fill can get there, and the longer term prescription for the Canadian pharmacy. (And I have no idea how one might control the pricing on the initial US fill.)

And I have no idea how one might control the pricing on the initial US fill.)

You can shop that around too, (one way is using the Good Rx site) assuming you're referring to someone who has a big deductible or no rx coverage at all. (Otherwise the copay is generally the same no matter where you go.) The cash price at one of the big chains, maybe Walgreens, is often much higher than average.

Back