Rx Discount Card Challenge

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Client feedback indicates some pharmacy's are pushing back on GRx and other discount cards. They say the prices quoted online/app are not accurate. If you want to know the REAL price, come to the pharmacy with your Rx and we will give you a price.

This seems terribly inconvenient for customer and pharmacist.

However, my pharmacy told me about the same regarding GRx. They are told to run the prescription through the customer drug plan, then compare to their store discount price. They told me they are losing $$$ on GRx.

Are there any US pharmacy's that are price competitive and can offer a FIRM price? I have a few Canadian pharmacy's I suggest from time to time but not everyone wants to use a Canadian pharmacy.

Client feedback indicates some pharmacy's are pushing back on GRx and other discount cards. They say the prices quoted online/app are not accurate. If you want to know the REAL price, come to the pharmacy with your Rx and we will give you a price.

This seems terribly inconvenient for customer and pharmacist.

However, my pharmacy told me about the same regarding GRx. They are told to run the prescription through the customer drug plan, then compare to their store discount price. They told me they are losing $$$ on GRx.

Are there any US pharmacy's that are price competitive and can offer a FIRM price? I have a few Canadian pharmacy's I suggest from time to time but not everyone wants to use a Canadian pharmacy.
My local pharmacy won't take the discount cards, says he can't make any money.

My local pharmacy won't take the discount cards, says he can't make any money.

I am hearing that as well, personally and from clients. Earlier this year I got Shingrix dose 1 and was allowed to use my GoodRx discount (even though I don't believe it is generic). Later when I went back for dose 2 they said they had to run it through my PDP which added another $30 to my cost. The pharmacist said they were losing $$ on the vax.

Costplusdrugs.com

I don’t have a ton of members using it but all positive feedback so far.

lt’s limited to certain medications so it’s not perfect. But very clear and transparent pricing.

Costplusdrugs.com

lt’s limited to certain medications so it’s not perfect. But very clear and transparent pricing.

Thanks.

Do the online prices match what the pharmacy will charge?

It’s an online/mail order pharmacy so yes. Not a discount card so maybe not exactly what you’re looking for. But my clients that have tried it like it better than goodrx.

FYI Mark Cuban started it.

Costplusdrugs.com

Thanks.

Do the online prices match what the pharmacy will charge?

It’s an online/mail order pharmacy so yes. Not a discount card so maybe not exactly what you’re looking for. But my clients that have tried it like it better than goodrx.

FYI Mark Cuban started it.

Ref Post 30 in this thread:
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/canada-pharmacy.109378/page-3#post-1438111

Another agent posts a reminder that Mark Cuban's online pharmacy's final cost to consumer = base med price + a markup + a shipping fee.

Back