Cancer Insurance for Seniors? Need Sources

I sell it when asked and they are already convinced that they want it.

I only offer lump sum payment type of plans. Simple to explain and simple to claim on.

The hottest one I've sold tons of in the past is Kanawha's (now Humana) lump sum plan. In MO and some other states it has a 20 year pay option and if you pair that with the ROP option (like I have on my own plan) you basically pay for the insurance for 20 years, get a 100% refund, then you're insured for life paying NO further premiums. No decrease in benefits either.

Lemme see if I got this...you come on to a public forum, and think you're going to be able to dictate what sort of comments and replies you're gonna get...

First, Frank tries to tell me what to sell. Now, Paul tries to tell me what to think. How old is this group, anyway? Too old to think clearly or too ineffective to contribute except for what you consider to be constructive criticism. If you don't have anything to contribute, why waste your otherwise-productive time babbling about?

Thanks to those that are posting about the topic of the thread.
It is much appreciated.

you come on to a public forum, and think...

Paul,

If you don't know anything about the thread, please don't fill the space with bloated air. That's all I'm asking from those that are ignorant of the thread topic - just don't fill up the forum with your opinion about the line of business - didn't ask, don't care.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I sell it when asked and they are already convinced that they want it.
I only offer lump sum payment type of plans. Simple to explain and simple to claim on.
The hottest one I've sold tons of in the past is Kanawha's (now Humana) lump sum plan.

THAT'S what I'm talking about - looking for something like this that's currently available. Thank you, G. Gordon!

Last edited:
If you don't know anything about the thread, please don't fill the space with bloated air. That's all I'm asking from those that are ignorant of the thread topic - just don't fill up the forum with your opinion about the line of business - didn't ask, don't care.

Never did express an opinion about the "line of business", but I will continue to post and comment on anything I choose to, anytime I like.

Never did express an opinion about the "line of business", but I will continue to post and comment on anything I choose to, anytime I like.

Yep, you wanted to comment about the ability to comment on whatever comment you feel is appropriate. Got it. Thank you for your tremendously relevant contribution to the quality of life of those visiting the forum.

Thank you for your tremendously relevant contribution to the quality of life of those visiting the forum.

Indeed Paul, thank you. There's always someone coming on this forum asking random and usually foolish questions and few of us have the time to welcome them to the forum appropriately.

SamJackson, this is NOT the type of forum you apparently think it is. There are plenty of folks on here who will offer you helpful information if you ask a reasonable question, but you'll usually have to read through a bunch of banter to get to it. Think of it more like a bar full of old men who happen to talk about insurance occasionally than a guided discussion. Not everyone on here is old, but that's the tone. Trying to change that tone by telling folks to change the way they post is only going to make it more fun for us.

For the record, Frank is an awesome guy and whether you contact with him or not, or buy his software or not, it isn't going to change his quality of living. Maybe, just maybe, he was telling you the cancer policy for a senior doesn't make much sense because it's possible they don't and he was actually just making a valid point? Just something to think about.

Just about the only time I could see a cancer/CI or accident policy making sense on a senior is if you comboed it up with a High-F or a MA with a deductible that needed to be met.

I actually have had several seniors ask about accident policies with med supp. They all cut off at 65 that I know of.

Frankly I had wondered why accident coverage did not exist for the senior market myself. You have no idea how many senior softball leagues and things like that we have here in TN, and people tear up knees and hips doing that a lot. A lot of people here that are still working at 65 as well, some with HSA plans through their jobs who like the concept of supplemental insurance to protect against CI and accident.

Does anyone know of a good Cancer insurance policy for seniors?
If you know of one available in the State of Florida - even better!

Thank you.

Sam

Conseco offers one for seniors. I know some on here don't care for them, but I've never had a problem with them paying. It is offered here in Florida.

Back