Can't Tell Your Clients Anything Until October 1st

If a client were to press on some questions regarding their ANOC letter I would answer, but so far everyone has been content with allowing a review after Oct. 1st.

CMS required the carriers to have the ANOCs (Annual Notice of Change) out before the end of Sept so they could review their plan before looking around. I received one from my Nat'l Director and it was poorly written. I couldn't understand it.

So you're saying I wasn't compliant?

I had a client call me two weeks ago and tell me an agent stopped by her house (no appointment - just door knocking) and asked her which Medicare plan she has. When she told him, he let her know that Blue Cross would no longer be offering a plan in her county. He also told her that only two carriers would be offering plans. And I bet you would never guess that he represents one of those carriers.

Of course she immediately called me to question his information. I explained the rules (especially those concerning door to door solicitation) and let her know that I would be in touch with her October 1st to let her know which plans are available. I don't think she will be having any further conversation with the agent who broke multiple rules.

I wonder how many agents will be taking apps now and holding them til they can fax em in.
A dangerous game to be played in my opinion but it seems to happen every year with no penalty.

I wonder how many agents will be taking apps now and holding them til they can fax em in.
A dangerous game to be played in my opinion but it seems to happen every year with no penalty.

I had a manager with Today's Options instructing me to do exactly that a few years ago. When I refused he shut off my leads for AEP. Everyone else got leads, so I can only assume they followed his instructions.

Back