Captive Vs Independent

destiny4

First off I thought about being a captive to start off with a salary to save to become independent but I heard and reading independent is better to start off as. What I have read is that it takes a little money to get started as an independent agent. I have no experience in sales at all. I have a little saved and I think it would not get me that far as an independent agent. I just want some insight of everyone's experience when starting in the insurance business as a captive or independent.

Lines as in what type of insurance?? I want to get into life first and also get my property casualty insurance license after.

You need to learn the industry first, no way you can start as an IA.

IA's will not train you or teach you anything, go to a captive for 3-5 years then switch to IA.

Virtually NO IA will put on a new green agent.

You need to learn the industry first, no way you can start as an IA.

IA's will not train you or teach you anything, go to a captive for 3-5 years then switch to IA.

Virtually NO IA will put on a new green agent.

When are you going to sell cars? When you go, are you going to stick around here and keep shooting off your mouth about things you don't know?

With life insurance you can absolutely start out as an independent agent, you just need to either secure your own training through something like iliaa.org OR get contracted with folks that will help you get started. Property and casualty, that's another matter, but life as an independent agent is fine.

guys you are both right... red blooded is thinking p&c..med is thinking life...destiny, if you start with life, you can start as an indy, medicare plan solutions, is an imo. call him.. you don't have enough to private message him... he can get you going, with desent contracts..

When are you going to sell cars? When you go, are you going to stick around here and keep shooting off your mouth about things you don't know?

With life insurance you can absolutely start out as an independent agent, you just need to either secure your own training through something like iliaa.org OR get contracted with folks that will help you get started. Property and casualty, that's another matter, but life as an independent agent is fine.

O.K I was thinking about joining iliaa.org. I guess I'll join today. Thank you so much. :)

Back