Cataract surgery plan G

BE CAREFUL

The places around here also try to add Astigmatism Fix. (Which is basically Lasik.) And its $2200 per eye.

BE CAREFUL

The places around here also try to add Astigmatism Fix. (Which is basically Lasik.) And its $2200 per eye.

I had cataract surgery in my right eye and have a toric intraocular lens. Tricare wouldn't pay for the lens because Medicare won't pay for the lens. Dr. told me no insurance will cover these lenses. This one ran about $1500. On the plus side, I have 20/20 in that eye with no corrective lens and I am severely astigmatic.

the pain-free cataract surgery thread that shows up below shows there may be a cost for medications.

I had cataract surgery in my right eye and have a toric intraocular lens. Tricare wouldn't pay for the lens because Medicare won't pay for the lens. Dr. told me no insurance will cover these lenses. This one ran about $1500. On the plus side, I have 20/20 in that eye with no corrective lens and I am severely astigmatic.
Medicare doesn't even make a partial payment of what they would pay for the basic lens?

(not trying to pick a fight, just want to know. am in a very early cataract situation.)

Medicare pays for the basic lens; you pay the difference for the upgrade.

In your current client conversations, do you still see folks having some out of pocket for medications, I presume the specific amounts would relate to client's PDP specifics?

Medicare doesn't even make a partial payment of what they would pay for the basic lens?

(not trying to pick a fight, just want to know. am in a very early cataract situation.)

Let me guess, the eye Dr told you he sees cataracts on your eyes but hes going to wait until they get a little worse. What he means is that Medicare will not pay him to remove the cataract until a certain percentage of your vision is deemed to be blocked. The minute he thinks that your cataracts fall under Medicare guidelines he will booking you for a cataract removal. Hes a vulture not your friend. Most Americans will never get that their beloved Dr is just a businessman. Medicare will not pay for laser surgery because many times it don't work but the Dr wont tell you that either. It might just be that Medicare is protecting you from a risky procedure. The eye Drs were pushing the laser surgery hard on their cataract patients over the past 10 years but it seems like they have backed off on pushing it over the last couple of years.

Back