Celtic

I have always been one to believe that insurance is to protect against unforeseen losses that would be devestating to recover from without insurance. When I purchase my health insurance I get a fairly high deductible that protects me in case of the cancers heart attacks strokes or other high cost illnesses diseases and accidents life can throw your way I can afford the $100 office visit or even a few hundred dollars in prescription drugs these add ons are I think a big reason health insurance is high If you look at the doc and rx riders on a lot of policies they cost more than they normally deliver. Assurant I think limits you to 2 office visits a year on the right start plan but cost like 600 bucks a year for a 40 year old male I may have my figures wrong it has been a few years since I sold health but you do the math and see what you think

I have always been one to believe that insurance is to protect against unforeseen losses that would be devestating to recover from without insurance. When I purchase my health insurance I get a fairly high deductible that protects me in case of the cancers heart attacks strokes or other high cost illnesses diseases and accidents life can throw your way I can afford the $100 office visit or even a few hundred dollars in prescription drugs these add ons are I think a big reason health insurance is high.

Very true, but you clearly do not abuse the system. Some people are willing to pay more for peace of mind, even though it may not financially prudent.

If you look at the doc and rx riders on a lot of policies they cost more than they normally deliver. Assurant I think limits you to 2 office visits a year on the right start plan but cost like 600 bucks a year for a 40 year old male I may have my figures wrong it has been a few years since I sold health but you do the math and see what you think.

You are correct about the Right Start Plan, but my key concern would be, "why would you sell a policy with more holes than swiss cheese" when for a few more dollars a month, you can have a better plan (i.e., CoreMed or my favorite, One Deductible Plan) with more coverage. The only additional, optional coverage that I would like to see pertains to mental health treatment, however, that is not the case when people rather take drugs to fix their "situational" episodes then get to the meat of the issue and deal with it.

-J.R.

johnrocks said:
I have always been one to believe that insurance is to protect against unforeseen losses that would be devestating to recover from without insurance. When I purchase my health insurance I get a fairly high deductible that protects me in case of the cancers heart attacks strokes or other high cost illnesses diseases and accidents life can throw your way I can afford the $100 office visit or even a few hundred dollars in prescription drugs these add ons are I think a big reason health insurance is high If you look at the doc and rx riders on a lot of policies they cost more than they normally deliver. Assurant I think limits you to 2 office visits a year on the right start plan but cost like 600 bucks a year for a 40 year old male I may have my figures wrong it has been a few years since I sold health but you do the math and see what you think

The Right Start limits outpatient and inpatient procedures, RX, ambulance and therapy as well has having no benefit for mental/nervous and 50% coinsurance on name brand drugs. Sell the CoreMed instead with a higher deductible if you have to. I'm only selling Max and HSAs.

Neither of the Aetna HSA plans in CA have drug caps... that I can find anyway!! I just wrote one few weeks ago and learned yesterday that client was approved ... who was declined by Blue Shield (both apps were exactly the same... I checked word for word.) And the rate was BETTER than BS.... even with the 25% rate-up, 60 year old female, the MC-2 HSA with 5,000 deduct cost her $301.
Plan PDF here: http://tinyurl.com/yuxbzc

Aetna did not do an APS but a 3-way phone interview with client and doctor's office. Client said it was very pleasant and professional.

Aetna has shown me good agent phone support. They know they have the world's worst agent producer site and tools but they are working on fixing them.

Now we'll see if they actually pay me!!!

Al

Peelerinsurance.com said:
be carefull al... .look for my post on aetna.... i think it went something like AETNA WARNING!!!

I read the thread, however your post was more of a rant than anything else. I read a lot of stuff on the net and talk to a lot of agents around town here, and I've not heard anyone make the claims about Aetna that you have. Maybe you have some kind of vendetta against them. I mean to say that if ALL the things were happening to every agent that you listed in your single-paragraph diatribe, it would be all over the net, all over this board, and it would probably make it to the mainstream media.

Maybe you pissed-off Aetna and they have targeted all YOUR clients. :-) I've simply not heard anyone else having major faults with them, beyond their crappy producer-world web site.

They took my clients on-line app, did not lose it, did the UW a day or two later, pended it for review, did the conference call a day or two after that, quickly came to a decision a day after the conference, sent out hard-copy letters to me and client and logged all the steps to the website. I got a 60 year old woman who was paying $800 COBRA to husband's group for a rich policy she never uses and is now paying $300 for an HSA policy that she wants (the tax writeoff,) and which fits her budget. She was declined by Blue Shield but is happy to have Aetna... the same HSA policy at the same price.

Now maybe things will go to hell later on... but if they do, no problem. John P. taught me that if people don't have a problem with their insurance they have no use for me as an agent. If things go 'south' I'll fix them. That's what I do.... its what we all do... and it's why they buy through us and not eHealth.com.

Al

al3 said:
Neither of the Aetna HSA plans in CA have drug caps... that I can find anyway!! I just wrote one few weeks ago and learned yesterday that client was approved ... who was declined by Blue Shield (both apps were exactly the same... I checked word for word.) And the rate was BETTER than BS.... even with the 25% rate-up, 60 year old female, the MC-2 HSA with 5,000 deduct cost her $301.
Plan PDF here: http://tinyurl.com/yuxbzc

Aetna did not do an APS but a 3-way phone interview with client and doctor's office. Client said it was very pleasant and professional.

Aetna has shown me good agent phone support. They know they have the world's worst agent producer site and tools but they are working on fixing them.

Now we'll see if they actually pay me!!!

Al

I am glad to hear that Aetna is working our for you. Have you been able to obtain a sample certiticate of coverage out there in California? Every company but Assurant has turned me down saying that I cannot obtain any specific documentation regarding a policy unless I get a copy from a client. Ridiculous if you ask me, but it appears to be the norm thus far.

Back