Centene

Their drugs are cheap, and so are the plans.

The customer service is not great, foreign call centers with heavy accents, but this seems to be an industry norm.

They also changed the PBM from Caremark to Express for 2024, which has hurt a lot of the pharmacies, especially for 90 day refills. This is not helpful in rural areas.

I have not written anything but their PDP's. I wouldn't touch their MA plans with a 10 foot poll and I wouldn't use their PDP's if there were more decent options at the under $30 price point. Their customer service is the worst I have experienced. Their portal looks like it was designed in 2003. I have had way too many frustrated clients who have had to deal with Express Scripts so far this year.

It is too bad, because our regional reps with them are awesome people, but other than a very inexpensive drug plan, they create way more service work than they add in value.

I don't like companies with multiple names. Always makes me think there's a reason for multiple names. Like the U65 (Ambetter) or the Medicaid (Superior) or the Over 65 (Wellcare)

Guess they don't want name brand recognition when people are moving. I wonder why?

I don't like companies with multiple names. Always makes me think there's a reason for multiple names. Like the U65 (Ambetter) or the Medicaid (Superior) or the Over 65 (Wellcare)

Guess they don't want name brand recognition when people are moving. I wonder why?
They have many more names than that. If you look state by state they have some other names that are but aren't Ambetter. They are under the Centene umbrella but not the Ambetter umbrella. California has Ambetter by Health Net. If you are appointed to sell Ambetter in North Carolina, you are not appointed to sell Ambetter by Health Net in California

Their background is Medicaid managed care, and they seem to mainly focus on the dual market, at least in the states with which I’m familiar. I never got the sense that they were quite as bad as WellCare. (I’m not aware of them being raided by the FBI or being below three stars multiple years in a row.) Kgmom may have a point about the different names.

Well that makes a lot of sense.
AmBetter has some of worst ACA plans out there!!!!
Disagree with that . Ambetter is the king of aca controlling 15% of the nationwide mkt . It’s 90% if the aca I write and members seem to like them

Back