Chasing Leads ?

Todd Preston

Expert
Hi all,

I was wondering how people deal with "psychological aspect" of chasing leads and prospects. I know the speech about creating value and being the best at what you do...but chasing prospects is getting old real fast.

I don't mean to sound like a complainer....but

• How do you deal with this part of the business?
  • Whats the best way to effectively deal with this part of the business?
your input is greatly appreciated.

thank you!

You really have to be able to separate business and personal feelings, if you don't, the majority of the people that you encounter will hurt your feelings.

Whatever leads, or lists, or follow ups that you are doing.....just think of them as a task, just another rivet that you have to pop in at the factory.

I wish that I could remember who to credit, but I always love the saying:

Some will, some won't, so what, who's next?

You really have to be able to separate business and personal feelings, if you don't, the majority of the people that you encounter will hurt your feelings.

Whatever leads, or lists, or follow ups that you are doing.....just think of them as a task, just another rivet that you have to pop in at the factory.

I wish that I could remember who to credit, but I always love the saying:

Some will, some won't, so what, who's next?

Central is spot on....gotta be tough!

I chased them when I was new and I was miserable. Once I learned to stop chasing then not only was my business more enjoyable it was also better.

There is a thread in the FE forum about "follow ups". Might want to read that.

The hardest thing for me to learn in this business was to take control of my schedule in regards to setting appointments and also when to let go of a prospect, {or suspect as M&M says}.

Hi all,

I was wondering how people deal with "psychological aspect" of chasing leads and prospects. I know the speech about creating value and being the best at what you do...but chasing prospects is getting old real fast.

I don't mean to sound like a complainer....but

• How do you deal with this part of the business?
  • Whats the best way to effectively deal with this part of the business?
your input is greatly appreciated.

thank you!

There will always be something about every job that you do not like doing. Anybody can do the things they enjoy but the people who succeed are the ones that have enough self discipline to make themselves do the things they would rather not do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The hardest thing for me to learn in this business was to take control of my schedule in regards to setting appointments and also when to let go of a prospect, {or suspect as M&M says}.

That is one of the hardest things to do.. even for experience agents. We have a sense of security when we look at our prospect basket and find it to be full.. It doesn't matter that most of those eggs have no yolks and will never hatch, it is hard to throw them out.

Last edited:
There will always be something about every job that you do not like doing. Anybody can do the things they enjoy but the people who succeed are the ones that have enough self discipline to make themselves do the things they would rather not do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -It doesn't matter that most of those eggs have no yolks and will never hatch, it is hard to throw them out.

Listen to Mark...he's an experienced Pro!

There is a good book called Hot Prospects by Bill Good.

This was a good read about how to find people who are actually interested and chasing those people opposed to the ones that are not really that interested

Back