Christian Health Ministries

My biz plan does not necessarily look for lower income - subsidy seekers or people with pre existing conditions . My avg client here with MEdi Share ( MS) christian is prolly age 44 or so and YES , there are many many people out there that are healthy . Do the math .... If I need a new Rx based upon a diagnosis in say February - I go to Goodrx.com find my best deal and simply pay cash.
Play with these #'s=. I'm 56, wife is 37, 2 boys under 10 . $5000 deductible -100% to unlimited . No dr , no Rx and no Er co pay - I pay $479 a month . I must admit I get a " healthy rewards " discount of about $55.09 a month but so can anybody else . Go to gym , cardio, weights . Height/weight, etc . Tell me what would my family cost on ur fav plan thur Obamacare ? Remember my max out of pocket is $5000 ?? I do have and I use Tele doc . Several weeks ago I have a sinus infection - call Tele doc , takes 25 minutes for entire episode - dr calls in Z Pac to Walmart and off I go . No cost for Tele doc . I pay $12.00 for generic Rx with Goodrx.com coupon . U do the math u see I save at least $1000 every month and that buys a lot of Rx and Dr's visits and maybe even an Er - visit God forbid . If I'm diagnosed with cancer - then I'm covered 100% after deductible as for Rx - I just suck it up till next open enrollment if those drugs are so expense that my $1000 per month savings is not paying for them .

I'm not a salesman for MS - I have no dog in the race but the false comments and bias towards these plans was bothering me . MS is the smallest piece of my business -bulk of my medical biz is Aca - but as I said I do cash he $1000 check every month and my clients love saving so much money . Interesting nobody has presented a case where Medi Share did not pay a claim or denied a legit claim ??? Some insurance people get so closed minded and refuse to consider anything new or different - I.M.O. it is simpy cuz they do not wanna study and learn new plan - so much easier to stick with old . Wake up guys these plans are here to stay -- this is an association plan !!

My wife is home for good so we are losing her employer coverage. Cobra is $2000/mo. When I called my local health guy and told him I was trying to find out the better option, Cobra or ACA, he immediately interrupted me and recommended Cobra. Keep in mind he doesn't get paid for that.

Comparable coverage with ACA is non-existent, but the closest plan is still $1400/mo with minuscule networks here in Indy that none of our doctors participate in. Obviously, I don't qualify for any subsidies.

I've applied with Liberty Health Share. Like $450 a month. $1500 Unshared Ammount (deductible). You can go to any doctor. I've looked at all the health sharing plans and Liberty seems to offer the best bang for your buck IMO.

The only thing that worries me is the $1,000,000 per incident as I know a hospital stay or cancer could easily exceed that.

Within the year I plan on hiring an assistant which will allow me to create a group health plan here in Indiana. So this is a stop gap measure for us.

ACA is crap. share plans are lower premium crap but way crappier crap coverage than ACA.

Medi-share isn't forthcoming about their premiums. There are add-ons to the premium. They charged 60+ yr old friend $80 for his blood pressure being over 120/70 medicated after saying bp isn't a pre-ex.
Horrible choices. Pick one. Pray. At least it will help you qualify for Medishare. Pay your taxes. Gubmt needs it for Congress's premiums and to fund our war economy.

The core purpose of Insurance is about the "what ifs".

If the big time "what ifs" happen, the last thing you want is a MediShare Plan.

Every one of those plans has in big bold letters on the contract " we are under no obligation to pay claims".

Is that really what you want in an insurance policy?? ... no obligation to pay your claims?!

Desperation makes people do stupid things.

There are already issues arising with these plans not paying claims. Its a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode.

If anyone thinks these companies have figured out what the insurance carriers could not... then you need get your head out of the sand.

If this market was sustainable at those prices, carriers would be creating separate non-insurance entities to sell these plans under. There is a reason major carriers have steered clear of this market!

My biz plan does not necessarily look for lower income - subsidy seekers or people with pre existing conditions .

Did someone intimate you did look for low income people, with or without p-x?

I insure people on a regular basis that are healthy today but somewhere along the line they are no longer enjoying good health. It has been that way for years.

Some folks have a sudden downturn shortly after becoming clients, others it may take a few years.

I also have clients who have drug bills that easily approach $800/month and more. No, they are not all cancer patients. In fact, very few are.

One is waiting on a heart transplant, another a used kidney. Still another recently diagnosed with cirrhosis.

Also have several insulin dependent diabetics. Have you priced insulin lately?

Many of those listed are folks that said "I never thought this would happen to me".

Desperation makes people do stupid things.

Believe that applies to agents as well, the ones who want to make a living peddling something similar to health insurance except it isn't.

If this market was sustainable at those prices, carriers would be creating separate non-insurance entities to sell these plans under.

On many an occasion I have seen carriers (and non-carriers selling non-insurance) who think they have discovered something no one else has. They believe they can offer a richer product for a lower price and still make money.

They are eat up with stupid.

Let me help educate some on the "needs" (claims) and reimbursement. I studied the med-share model and did a deep dive into the contract/ faith-based agreement. The concept is sound except for the one major flaw, the actual cost of care. These plans are reimbursing 25%-50% over what Medicare would pay. Unless you have experience with reference-based pricing, best pray you don't get diagnosed. Even in rural communities, hospital systems will refuse. Metropolitan area, no chance. Just the idea of the medical communities taking 250% reduction in what they charge has them banding together.
Most people have no clue about this until it's too late. I was a hair away from adding one o these to my toolbox. By the way, if you play lotto that can be grounds to terminate a med share plan, gambling is a sin. I understand why these plans are in demand, but if your selling and don't understand the product, your career will be short.

I hope your making a joke when you say playing lotto will get you kicked off your medi share plan ? I can't tell -- . Once again I will say I have no dog in the hunt here- I am an independent health/life agent selling many diff products .i just want to clarify a few things

I've heard it said in this forum that if you do not go to church you will be cancelled ?? Not true at all . You say Playing lotto will get your plan cancelled . Not at all true

Your comment about lotto has nothing to do with getting coverage or keeping coverage with a christian Ppo plan like Medi Share (MS) or CHM for that matter . With Medi Share as an example they use PHCS or Multi Plan so they pass along huge pre negotiated discounts . Then they pay the balance at 100% after the deductible although it's not called a deductible . I will confess that me nor my family have not filed any significant claims so I do not know how or at what percentage they would pay but I also never knew how Bcbs would have paid either when I was with them but I have a strong feeling if I called them and asked at what % do you pay claims - they would not tell me as that is proprietary data I would think ??

I've been told in Houston - it is not possible for a hospital to refuse service to anyone ? They may put you back together then move you to the " free hospital " but they can't say No . I am not 100% confident in this but this is what I'm told .

So how is it that you know this about Medi Share - or are you just genetically saying most christian Ppo plans do this ? I think that is dangerous if so -- CHM does not have a network tied to their plan and prolly resembles what you described however Medi Share does use the provider network I mentioned and that makes a huge difference .

I've been told by MS them over and over that they pay 100% of the Hopsital bill after the deductible and after the Multi Plan discount has been applied . I did do an outpatient procedure with dermatologist and as advertised I paid right around 50% of the network discounted amount out of pocket . This is what I was told prior to signing up and I was very happy how this worked out.

I would think it's hard to say ALL faith based plans are going to pay by the same philosophy ? I would simply advise brokers who decide to offer these Christian Ppo plans that they use one with a Hopsital /Dr network attached . Personally I am saving over $1000 a month by using MS and I am thrilled to save that money .

Pay me 1/2 the medishare premium. I won't pay any claims either but you'll save some of your dollars (unless you get sick).

Latest posts

Back