Christian Health Ministries

April 17, 2015

I had two highly educated (unrelated) families leave BCBS this year to join a Christian Health Ministry. They both are in the Medical field and did quite a bit of research before making that transition.

Why did the Obama administration bless Christian ministries with ACA approval, but not Muslim, Hindu, etc.. health associations?

April 17, 2015

I had two highly educated (unrelated) families leave BCBS this year to join a Christian Health Ministry. They both are in the Medical field and did quite a bit of research before making that transition.

Why did the Obama administration bless Christian ministries with ACA approval, but not Muslim, Hindu, etc.. health associations?

Which ones have ACA approval and don't require you to pay the fine?

There is a form people can sign that 'health insurance' is against my religion much like the hardship 'I can't afford it' form. That's how these organizations are getting away with it. I've run into this a few times and researched the products for clients. I've even experienced a few new non-profit groups cropping up to take full advantage.

There is no talking to the zealots (and I've been baptized 5 times in my youth so I do know...another story for another day). There is a lot of brainwashing going on about the evil 'ObamaCare' as it is still referred to. After wrestling with a few, and expending a great deal of energy researching now I just give them the facts and let it go.

I had a pastor of a church call me last week that I had talked to several years ago. They were of the mindset that God told them to stay away from 'ObamaCare'; that it was evil. His son needs a very expensive medical procedure so now he understands what it is all about; just enrolled his son for a May 1st effective date. And he is telling his congregation to call me; even talked about it in his last sermon.

There is a form people can sign that 'health insurance' is against my religion much like the hardship 'I can't afford it' form. That's how these organizations are getting away with it. I've run into this a few times and researched the products for clients. I've even experienced a few new non-profit groups cropping up to take full advantage.

There is no talking to the zealots (and I've been baptized 5 times in my youth so I do know). There is a lot of brain washing going on about the evil 'ObamaCare' as it is still referred to.

I had a pastor of a church call me last week that I had talked to several years ago. They were of the mindset that God told them to stay away from 'ObamaCare'; that it was evil. His son needs a very expensive medical procedure so now he understands what it is all about ... and he is telling his congregation to call me; even talked about it in his last sermon.

You MIGHT live in Texas if you hear about the "evil" Obamacare on a regular basis and they are talking about it from the pulpit.... :)

There is a form people can sign that 'health insurance' is against my religion much like the hardship 'I can't afford it' form.

Actually it's just a check-box on the regular IRS form 1040 (Line 61). It asks, "Did you have full year Health coverage for 2014?". Check "Yes", and you're done.

Back