Cigna Health

Re: Cigna commissions

For many years Blue Cross was at 10% first years.
Of course no brokers sold it, just P&C guys, as a sideline.

If they are "level 10%" first and beyond this will be dead before it ever takes off.

I also heard a "no waiver" rumor, which does not surprise me since most carriers are getting away from waivers anyhow.

10% first year is not only ridiculous, it is INSULTING. We are expected to spend big money on leads and marketing, put up with their complicated enrollment procedures, underwriting, billing and servicing issues for a whopping 10%? I don't think so.

If first year is indeed 10% I can assure you virtually no one will sell it.

This tells me their might be a GA food chain if they are offering such a low and insulting commission.

BX in GA pays 10% level . . . first and renewal.

KP pays 11% level . . . first and renewal.

Never wrote that much with Blue, and now I regret it. My monthly check from them is around $300.

KP pays me around $1200 per month and I really don't write that much with them. Maybe 8 - 10 cases a year.

BX is coming out with new products next week. I expect them to be barn burners.

The way I see it is this. I can write with them for 10% or make 0% trying to compete. Blue controls 40 - 50% of the market here. To ignore them means I can only make 20% on half the business . . . which is 10%.

I can afford to ignore Celtic.

I can even afford to ignore Aetna for a while.

But I don't see how I can afford to thumb my nose at BX.

I did it before. Won't do it again.

If Cigna comes to town I will use them as well. Their name plays much better than Celtic, GTL or World even though World pays me 24%.

If I ran my business based on who paid the highest commission I would not be where I am now.

hope this is big enough.....

CIG.jpg

Nothing exciting there - it looks like every other plan in Texas. Unless the rates are good or underwriting is loose - at 10% commission I can sell against this all day long.

Bob, I do understand where u are coming from... However, not to seem like an aragont Texan... but here is the deal... years ago KP thought they would shove HMO down texans throat so do pacificare and likewise harris meth. health plans... texans and texas brokers said not no but HELL no.... NO hmo's in the indy market... they all packed up their toys and hooked arse out of here.... celtic i think is doing 10 here and how is that working out for them... i know cigna is bigger name id than celtic...

bottom line, DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!! and looks like cigna will try...

botto

Back