Cigna Termination

Back when I was contracted with them for Part D, they would send me a certified letter every year saying they were cancelling my contract for not completing my recertification (even though it was completed). Every time, without fail, I'd call my FMO and he'd explain that it was a mistake and it wasn't supposed to go out. He said they accidentally sent it to thousands of agents. :D If it was only once, I'd understand, but it was every year.

I'd call them. It's probably a mistake. How Cigna is still in business is beyond me.

I got a similar letter last year in my case my license was on hold by the state due to a Homeland Security check even though I had passed all my certifications. Cigna went ahead and canceled my license and forfeited almost five thousand dollars in commissions and never returned my calls. I understand that they were also penalized by CMS and were unable to sell their Medicare Advantage policies a year. In any case if you avoid working with them, they will nit and pick any opportunity they can to not pay you your hard earned commission dollars!!!!!

Back