Client Doesn't Want to Go on Medicaid

@AllenChicago....I asked that question. Because we are changing the information, if she does that, its illegal. It has to go through the "change" process. I'm getting tired of change.

Can you tell I want this issue resolved???

Please explain to me how it is illegal. From your prior post, you said she made an honest mistake the first time, and wants to report it correctly now. That is not illegal. And doing the app completely over instead of going through the tunnel of "change" isn't illegal either. It seems that a complete "re-do" is the quickest way from here to there, and is not illegal or immoral.

Agreed Ann. It's a contract and until you pay for it, nothing is binding. You could have 10 apps on hc.gov, but the one you pay for is what you get.

I am really not trying to be argumentative. I am just relaying what I was told. And I should probably insert here, this woman was on the Texas High Risk pool, so she and her daughter are on a nice $1K deductible that is still about 50% less than she was paying pre-ACA.

My understanding is that once your application has been accepted for the subsidy and you have been told you are not eligible for subsidy you cannot just use a different email address and submit a new application with different information, so you are then eligible for a subsidy. And that's what we would be doing. And since they are linked based on SSN's, the P.O.S. system does catch it.

Oh well. She's got coverage and we will get her the subsidy. Eventually.

Several agents have posted here that the applications with different email addresses are not cross checked, and you can do an app with a new email, correct information and get the proper coverage now.
I did have a call back on one, let's see, made request in October, call came 1st week of January. Had already done new app, all set, insurance in place with correct subsidy.
Information from reps is not always consistent. One night I had an extended conversation with a new rep, revealing the shallow level of training they are given before going on the phones, he had about 2 days max. They rely on scripts, sometimes don't know enough to tell when they are saying things that are not correct.

Latest posts

Back