Client that calls repeatedly

Same. Except I tended to push them mainly to text. More of my seniors text than email consistently.

'Hi Daisy Mae, looks like we covered this 3 months ago, scroll up to Dec 23rd. The answer is the same. Hi to Delbert. Wino'

Same. Except I tended to push them mainly to text. More of my seniors text than email consistently.

'Hi Daisy Mae, looks like we covered this 3 months ago, scroll up to Dec 23rd. The answer is the same. Hi to Delbert. Wino'
I experimented with that a bit too but it went badly. The excessive callers were even more comfortable with texting, so the same conversations took even longer.

Only big $ clients get the text option now. They're too busy to bug me.

Only big $ clients get the text option now. They're too busy to bug me.

Same.

My highest AP life clients rarely call or text me. Then it is nice, brief and to the point.

However, for years took anyone and anyone. Went the extra extra mile. It got to the point I would have days just doing service work or sending them the same stuff I sent them six months ago. It took a while but most of those are now gone.

I try to only write who I want now. Through referrals I do get the occasional time drain, but I train them.

Same.

My highest AP life clients rarely call or text me. Then it is nice, brief and to the point.

However, for years took anyone and anyone. Went the extra extra mile. It got to the point I would have days just doing service work or sending them the same stuff I sent them six months ago. It took a while but most of those are now gone.

I try to only write who I want now. Through referrals I do get the occasional time drain, but I train them.
I'm commercial p&c. Generally speaking the larger the client is, the less they call me. Usually, but not always.

Usually, my big clients are too busy running a large successful business, and don't have a lot of free time to futz around.

I won't spend any time speaking as to why this happens, why the client does this, etc. Bottom line, structure your business, build your business model/platform, and implement it -- to diffuse and manage this situation.

If you truly have no one, not one person, who takes calls for you -- next time he calls, shoot him an email. Say something along the lines of..."We've spoken numerous times not just in the past two weeks, but in the past three months. We've addressed, and I've answered, all your questions, I resolved all of your concerns about your coverage, and as I've told you, your policy/policies/coverage is in-force and simply put, just fine. It's on auto-pilot now. I am typically in client meetings daily, doing annual reviews, and managing the renewal process. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please email me. Based upon my business model, it is the most effective and efficient initial point of communication. If it's an emergency, I will of course contact you immediately. However, if it is not, please email me as an initial contact/communication, and I will follow up with you accordingly. In addition, you can always call the home office and speak with policyholder services. Their number is 800... Thank you very much and all the best!"

If this perpetuates, a second email should be more pointed and stern. It should state, "we've already discussed and resolved this" or "I addressed this with you on several occasions" and so on. Set the stage to fire the client. All the best!

And on the other hand, do agents sometimes overdo the small talk rather than going straight to the business at hand?

Back