CMS Posts New Medicare Agent Sample Test

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
I can't post the link as I currently only (had) 18 posts, but this may be found in the May 31, 2016 Lifehealthpro:

Medicare program managers have published a tool for health insurance agents and brokers: an updated version of the Medicare producer training and testing guidelines.

The guidelines packet for 2017 includes a new sample agent test.

Many insurance producers once thought of selling Medicare supplement (Medigap), Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage as an activity that would lead to endless battles with red tape in exchange for low commissions.

In recent years, turmoil in the annuity, long-term care insurance (LTCI) and individual commercial health insurance market have increased some agents' willingness to give Medicare products another look.

The sample test for would-be 2017 Medicare Advantage and Medicare drug plan producers includes some of the same questions as the 2016 test such as two questions about agent compensation at the fictional Acme Health Plan. In both sample tests, both questions deal with renewal commissions.

The new test starts off with a new Medicare basics question about urgent care benefits. The authors of that question want the test taker to show an understanding of a summary of benefits statement, a provider directory and an evidence of coverage statement.

I can't post the link as I currently only (had) 18 posts, but this may be found in the May 31, 2016 Lifehealthpro:

Medicare program managers have published a tool for health insurance agents and brokers: an updated version of the Medicare producer training and testing guidelines.

The guidelines packet for 2017 includes a new sample agent test.

Many insurance producers once thought of selling Medicare supplement (Medigap), Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage as an activity that would lead to endless battles with red tape in exchange for low commissions.

In recent years, turmoil in the annuity, long-term care insurance (LTCI) and individual commercial health insurance market have increased some agents' willingness to give Medicare products another look.

The sample test for would-be 2017 Medicare Advantage and Medicare drug plan producers includes some of the same questions as the 2016 test such as two questions about agent compensation at the fictional Acme Health Plan. In both sample tests, both questions deal with renewal commissions.

The new test starts off with a new Medicare basics question about urgent care benefits. The authors of that question want the test taker to show an understanding of a summary of benefits statement, a provider directory and an evidence of coverage statement.

Did you pass the test?:err:

I was just trying to get him to respond so he'd have his 20th post.

The answer to your question is no. I haven't sold MA for 8 years, so I'm not up on it. Without studying, I got an 80%(there's a few trick questions in there)...takes 90% to pass. I'm a dummy.:embarrassed:

I took the test a 2nd time and got a 100%...without peeking.:yes: Now the answer to your question is yes.

Can you pass the test?;)

Back