CMS Proposes New Standards for 2018

Carriers DEMANDED the mandate/penalty in 2008-2009. In 2015, they whined that it wasn't working. The healthier people were/are still not signing up.

"This market" is DOA. Good riddance. Bring back underwriting, and allow those who are not accepted by any insurer, to buy into Medicare. Dead Broke? Medicaid for you.

It's Free market, with Government safety nets for those who aren't accepted by the Free Market system. Simple stuff.

Your plan is almost complete. You forgot about those that have an obamacare plan and live in a State that did not expand Medicaid. I say we keep obamacare just for those people as a fail-safe safety net but only after you've been turned away from all the others.

Carriers DEMANDED the mandate/penalty in 2008-2009. In 2015, they whined that it wasn't working. The healthier people were/are still not signing up.

"This market" is DOA. Good riddance. Bring back underwriting, and allow those who are not accepted by any insurer, to buy into Medicare. Dead Broke? Medicaid for you.

It's Free market, with Government safety nets for those who aren't accepted by the Free Market system. Simple stuff.

Allen, that is as succinct a summary as anyone could imagine and exactly what should be happening.

Re: Attached PDF Notice from HHS/CMS for all ACA stakeholders

HHS is saying that they've become aware of some companies structuring agent compensation to disincentivize us from enrolling sicker people. And they're not going to stand for it! Also, some states (including TEXAS) are mentioned as being NAUGHTY.

I can't wait to see the new content and tone of these HHS/CMS notices after 1.20.2017! Less than a month to go now kiddies!
:yes:

Attachments

• AB_Compensation_and_Descriminatory_Marketing_Practices_FAQs_5CR_122116.pdf
    100.5 KB · Views: 9
become aware of some companies structuring agent compensation to disincentivize us from enrolling sicker people.

This started in 2013. We are almost to 2017 and they are just now figuring it out?

They're referring to zero compensation on Gold and Platinum plans?

No idea.

Cigna paid $0 on 2013 apps where at least one family member was max rated. Don't recall if it was a Georgia thing or not, but carriers here were not allowed to refuse coverage on children. As I recall they would surcharge the FAMILY premium up to 175% of standard rate but the child(ren) were still recovered regardless of the condition.

I stopped sending families to Cigna. Only wrote singles.

Pretty sure carriers stopped writing child only plans around the same time. DC neglected to consider that as a loophole.

Zero commission is not new. Rather it has evolved over the last 4 years.

Yes, all metal levels must now pay the same commission.
This always has adverse effects.
0% across the board fixes that problem.

Many carriers were paying 0% for gold/platinum, but were paying for Silver/Bronze.

There are other discriminatory practices, I guess only the most obvious have been attended to for 2018.

What about SEP commissions? discriminates against people outside of OEP.
They are not deserving of professional advice when they don't get in line.

Yes, all metal levels must now pay the same commission.
This always has adverse effects.
0% across the board fixes that problem.

Many carriers were paying 0% for gold/platinum, but were paying for Silver/Bronze.

There are other discriminatory practices, I guess only the most obvious have been attended to for 2018.

What about SEP commissions? discriminates against people outside of OEP.
They are not deserving of professional advice when they don't get in line.

Love how they pointed out TX and OK. (OK is BCBS only)

And we are the ones still getting paid.

Hmmm.....

Back