Cold Calling Leads

Remember that the base rate, includes area, and adding age 2 year range and phones, might keep it under $35/thousand.
Personally, I do not want the business if you can also keep agents from getting ripped off.

Your prices are very good. I suggest other members contact you. Also I would suggest they add some other low cost factors (like 2 in household and homeowner) to make selling more effective.

Thanks for keeping honesty in the business.

I'm a bit confused on how that works. With my vendor I get as many selects as I want without any extra cost. To the extent it's available, exact age, length at residence, homeowners, married/single, income, etc. Tons of stuff that I never pay extra for. I've heard of them charging more for it, but I can't understand why.

You got a great deal.

Mine will read like this:
Base $23.00 thousand including area selection
-----------------------------
All phones: add $5.00
All zip4: add $2.00
Income Range: add $3.00
Homeowner: add $1.00
Mortgage Amount: add $3.00
Home owner: add $1.00
Years in home: add $3.00
Child at residence: add $2.00
Property Value: add $3.00
Single or Married: add $2.00
Liens on Property: add $2.00
Workers in household: add $3.00
and many more

You can see this would be great for someone selling mortgage life insurance.

I think you get the drift. Remember that for most List Brokers that is their only business therefore they need the 100% markup.

As a side note on lists: You have seen the As Seen On TV ads. Many times a million units are sold. Then the list is sold at $120.00 per thousand. Ultimately, more is made off the list than the product. Why is the list "hot"? These are sucker people that will easily buy again.

That is why knowing what others are charging or information provided in their lists, that I highly encourage agents on this forum to save money and contact you.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
When you do cold calling, where do you get your contacts from? How much do they cost? How affective does cold calling seem to be for you and your business? Thanks!!

Ive been using a service and buying them, not sure if im allowed to post the link here. But they provide me with a new list once a week.

Regards,

Hi Author

Wondered if you'd tell me more about your list broker or FMO that provides you with weekly list. Don't know where you are/I'm in Tampa area of Fl. to avoid issue of competition.
RichieG

Back