Cold Calling or Buy Leads?

Hoovers list are very accurate and affordable. Datalisters is the best but a little pricey.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm interested in cold calling I would like to know where to find good list of nameswith real phone number to call

I have a thread called ask a telemarketer that has a good script in it if you want to look it over it may help you out.

:idea:

Last edited:
Ain't that the truth!! At the end of the day, leads are not as cold, but they're cold never the less!

Am I making any mistake, by not buying leads? Cold calling has not produced any encouraging results yet, and all the apps I have written so far came from my contacts or referrals from those contacts.

Since real time internet insurance leads can be expensive you may want to look at getting some low cost aged insurance leads of prospects who went online looking for insurance quotes within the last month, 2 months, 3 months, etc.

That is exactly correct.

Agents seem to want to believe that if they have that "card" or e-mail notification in front of them that it was sent in by someone who both remembers doing so and is shopping for insurance.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Most are filled out by people who are just curious and a lot of them don't even remember having done so or won't admit it. Those people are not "warm leads", those calls are cold calls in every sense of the word.

Agents don't seem to realize that the initial phone call is the single most important part of the sales process. People have to be "sold" that they need to listen to what the agent has to say in the first eight to ten seconds of the call.

Agents who learn how to use the phone will have a much higher conversion rate than those who start the call with "Hi Bill, this is Jason, how you doing today?". That throws up a huge red flag that it is a telemarketing call.

I like cold calling, I ask to speak with the name on the list, inform them I am responding to an inquiry they made concerning the product I'm providing, and if they state they did not make an inquiry I apologize inform them I am going to send them a postcard and ask if they mind if I follow up with them in a week.
Americans have short memory and rarely remember filling out anything that is older then a week old. If you cant grab their attention in the first 10 seconds its over

I have never argued with a customer concerning their initial inquiry and if it goes really bad, just apologize again for disturbing them

Great Point.

Now a days the close rate on internet leads are not very high.
There are still a few good company's out their tho.

Cold Calling is something that cold never be replaced.
Its a one on one conversation.
It can be tiring no denying that.

There are many tools and training out there to make life easier tho.

I work with GPS a partner of Mojo sales engine.

GPS offers a triple line power dialer, Teaching training and coaching on telemarketing for insurance, offer scripts, custom fact finding scripts and unlimited software training.

Best part owned and operated by 4 agents who are dealing with the same ups and downs.

Brandon Johnston

248-764-5264
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GPS 248-764-5264

List

Training

Dialer

Scripts

What more could you ask for.

Last edited:
Back