Cold Calling Results, Hunting the Right Telemarketer

I feel there are different approaches here, comming them from very respected and succesful agents give me the impresion they are both ok. I have read numerous times about the "how are u today" I personally hate it and let's me know 98 out of 1 a sale's pitch is comming.
There most be something else i'm not seen here... And I certainly have to

QUOTE=MedicarePlanSolutions;251008]No it wouldn't. They don't care about what your company is or what an HSA plan is. They care about the fact that you're bothering them while their in the middle of living their life. "Hi, I'm calling you because we're saving people thousands of dollars on their health insurance and giving them better coverage, is that something you would like some help with?" Or, instead of asking if that's something they would like help with, just ask "how are you doing today?" instead. The customer is going to respond basically the same either way. I have to completely disagree with John saying to never ask questions. A good telemarketer should be able to ask questions and have a dialogue with a prospect. If they can't do that, then it's either a bad telemarketer or a poorly trained one.[/QUOTE]

"Google Art Sobszak. Invest in some of his knowledge."

Moon knows his stuff, I read a post a while back where Moon mentioned Art Sobszak.

I bought "How to Sell More in Less Time with No Rejection" volume 2. The price was high, but it was worth 10 times that, just in the first 50 pages. No rejection=NOT TRUE

There are 2 pages in the book,that are worth the price of the book in my opinion. Develop your own talk track, with his guide, and you will be a better sales person.

I will always know what to say, not that I am always successful.

If you want to sell something that involves no rejection I'd recommend buying a Krispy Creme franchise - not selling insurance.

I guess We all most agree Rejection is part of the business, there is no question about it. I feel that's not the topic (or at least was not created with that intention) of this thread. What I'm pursuing is ideas, good comments , not about rejection, but about how to get the attention of people, how to sound attractive and ease the tension a sales call create. And how to get them say: ok, send me the info or lets talk tomorrow or whatever... When I originated this thread I said that the first day of calling for this new telemarketer was 4 hours 680 numbers dialed. it is really hard to believe there was not a single person that was not even "Curious" yes, there was at least one who in the back of his mind was thinking about it, the problem, the person calling did not get to the right place, did not push the right button.
That's what this is all about "mainly" Rejection? fine, there should be necessity too. How to make them trust? that's the question, that's why we are here, well, that's why I'm here. trying to get some "know how" from the ones that know.

When I originated this thread I said that the first day of calling for this new telemarketer was 4 hours 680 numbers dialed.

Hmmm...

That's averaging 170 dials/hour - way, way too much. Sounds like you may have a crappy list...

When my telemarketers start getting below 65-67% "live answers", we ask questions of the records vendor.

Let me make a point here, She is calling individuals, from 4 to 8 pm.
I'm planning to sun a campaign for small business owners 1-4 employees and see what happens.
A parenthesis... thank you all :yes:

Back