Commercial Lines Rep Question

jhplat5685

Expert
Hello all,

Still new to P&C all together so dont mind my lack of knownledge.

I currently work of an independent agency that specializes in commercial lines.

I am currently in the process of cold calling and getting ex dates. I have collected a good amount of ex dates and my questions is what do i do from here?

So far all I have done is sent them a thank you/intro email and letter.

What else can I do to improve my chances of closing business.

Thank you.

what does your agent want you to do? If that's the tasked assigned to you do it and do it well...ask your agent what can you do to help him close more business?

Hello all,

Still new to P&C all together so dont mind my lack of knownledge.

I currently work of an independent agency that specializes in commercial lines.

I am currently in the process of cold calling and getting ex dates. I have collected a good amount of ex dates and my questions is what do i do from here?

So far all I have done is sent them a thank you/intro email and letter.

What else can I do to improve my chances of closing business.

Thank you.

Go out and see the people.

what does your agent want you to do? If that's the tasked assigned to you do it and do it well...ask your agent what can you do to help him close more business?

I was asking more along the lines of what do I do with ex dates that I recieved besides emailing them to keep me in their mind

I was asking more along the lines of what do I do with ex dates that I recieved besides emailing them to keep me in their mind

I wish I had more information as in what is it that your trying to do..if your just calling to get e-mails and then gathering x-dates that is all you will get.

Ask them to quote their business, ask for the sale, ABC, tell them you want to earn their business...ask them if it is ok if you stop by them and see them as posted up above.

if all you're doing is calling for to get x-dates that is all you will get.

"Hi I'm calling to see when your insurance on your business is renewing so at that time I can give you a quote"

"Hey there I know your insurance policy may not be renewing just yet but I'd like to give you a quote to see if at renewal we can get you started saving money, Let's start with..."

See the difference?

Commerical insurance is sold IN PERSON, not on the phone or mail,

Sure you have to do the mail and calls, but the meat and potatoes in commerical is in person.

Take the owner to lunch

X dating is great. You should start making a spreadsheet with those dates and contact info. Maybe 60-90 out before the renewal comes up call and try to set up a meeting with the owner or the manager and get the info and get them a quote. It's a very long process but well wort it in the long run.

Also make sure you study the policy your selling and know the term and exclusion of your competitor so you can point them out. I love commercial ins big premium.

Back