Commissions Delayed....

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
January commission payments delayed until late February for
on-exchange members

As you may be aware, the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) has experienced some issues providing health insurance carriers with the proper broker information required to pay commissions. All health insurance carriers have been working with the FFM to get this industry-wide issue corrected.

Impacted commissions
As a result, commissions for on-exchange plan members who paid a premium in December 2013 will be delayed. Once CoventryOne receives the corrected broker information from the FFM, we will pay commissions for these members by the end of February.

Note: Commission payments for off-exchange plan members are not affected and will be paid on time as scheduled.

We appreciate your patience during this process and thank you for doing business with CoventryOne.

I thought the big carriers always pay commissions 1 month after the premiums were received.

it will be interesting to see if the government fees are taken out of the gross commission amount. or if we will be paid Commission on the non subsidized amount of the premium and a separate Commission on the subsidized amount of the premium when $$$ the arrives from the government some weeks later...rolling that money into our next month Commission cycle.

Last edited:
Friday, April 17, 2015

It's looking like the HCSC Blue Cross companies have found an excuse to delay paying commissions again, to earn additional interest. Usually they release them on the Friday after the 15th of the month. Not this month..
ac

Friday, April 17, 2015

It's looking like the HCSC Blue Cross companies have found an excuse to delay paying commissions again, to earn additional interest. Usually they release them on the Friday after the 15th of the month. Not this month..
ac

Mine posted to Callidus. So deposit will be tomorrow or Monday. :)

Which is usual for TX. We normally see the deposit on the 20th.

Lucky Texans! Still not up on BCBSIL Caddilus portal. We have to wait until the PDF version is there. When that document shows up, commissions are released that night. If it's on Friday after 3pm, $$$ won't show in our checking accounts until early Tues morning. Ins Co earns 3 days of interest.

My BCBS posted today as well 'plus' the missing money from January commissions .... finally. Did you get that as well, kgmom?

My BCBS posted today as well 'plus' the missing money from January commissions .... finally. Did you get that as well, kgmom? Finally!

I got about 40% of what's missing. Which is better than a stick in the eye.

The funny thing is I was working with my rep and a PSC person yesterday and she was flummoxed. I finally had to explain where on the statement it shows the premium months we were paid. Column AP= X. Column AR=Y. It was hysterical. And how the list had all the people who I didn't get paid on in January. It didn't matter that I got paid in Feb for the Feb premium, which is what she kept saying. "They are on the February statement".

Those poor people at PSC. Finance and IT threw them under a bus.

Lucky Texans! Still not up on BCBSIL Caddilus portal. We have to wait until the PDF version is there. When that document shows up, commissions are released that night. If it's on Friday after 3pm, $$$ won't show in our checking accounts until early Tues morning. Ins Co earns 3 days of interest.

I will bet it will still show up AllenChicago: I've had the statement posted as late as 10:30 p.m.

----------

I got about 40% of what's missing. Which is better than a stick in the eye.

The funny thing is I was working with my rep and a PSC person yesterday and she was flummoxed. I finally had to explain where on the statement it shows the premium months we were paid. Column AP= X. Column AR=Y. It was hysterical. And how the list had all the people who I didn't get paid on in January. It didn't matter that I got paid in Feb for the Feb premium, which is what she kept saying. "They are on the February statement".

Those poor people at PSC. Finance and IT threw them under a bus.

I know what you mean: I've had to 'train/explain' to many commissions experts. Cigna is the worst .... they don't even seem to understand their own commission statements.

Mine were all there: I was really surprised. BCBS is so much better than Cigna; it's like a breath of fresh air even with this issue.

As predicted, our BCBSIL commissions for premiums received in March, did not arrive in the bank account until this (Tuesday) morning, even though the statement was posted this past Friday.

As predicted, our BCBSIL commissions for premiums received in March, did not arrive in the bank account until this (Tuesday) morning, even though the statement was posted this past Friday.

That's the way Texas agents ended up as well, AllenChicago: statement posted on Friday at 10:18 a.m. and in the bank on Tuesday, 4/21/15. We are paid out of BCBSIL as well.

Back