Commissions on fixed annuities

I sell myself indexed annuities every year. I get the 6% commission guaranteed (I consider that a guaranteed bonus). And my last two annual statements I got 17% interest on one and over 20% on the other.

Go for LONG indexed annuities. 10-years minimum. 12 to 15 is better. Uncapped. Get as much participation rate as you can find.

Thanks! I am definitely going to look into indexed annuities.

I just buy bitcoin. Average annual growth is 100% annually for the last 10 years. Over the next 8 years, it's expected to be 47% annually.

I can also sell without surrender in an emergency.
I can borrow at 0-1% for tax free income.
I can lend for up to 6% yield.

You could complain about volatility, but you have a lockup period with you cash anyway. So it's like you don't even own it as is until the accumulation phase is done.

Hi All, can someone tell me typically how much can I get in commissions for fixed annuities ?

Am thinking of selling myself a fixed annutiy seeing the spike in interest rates these days.

Thanks ...

Its a more nuanced question than may first appear.

Yes, length of surrender period heavily influences commish, but theres a broad range among carriers and what appears to be a constantly changing lineup of very similar, cookie cutter plans out there.

MYGA plans have very low commish... but if used properly you can at least potentially set up a client for future business later.

BTW, SILAC has the TETON and DENALI series of plans that can pay upwards of 8.5%. However, the are not A-rated as a carrier. Lots of factors to consider here, of course.

MYGA plans have very low commish... but if used properly you can at least potentially set up a client for future business later.
Great point in general.

Agents hate the 1.5% comp on most competitive 3-year MYGAs, not realizing that they rewrite that client in 3 years (assuming higher rates) and collect it all over again.

With the top 5-year MYGAs (A- or better) at 1.5-2.5% comp, you're better off with the 3-year products overall (and the clients likely will be as well).

Back