Conseco Back?

Originally posted by Mr_Ed

they never left the LTCi business.
CNO owns Bankers Life & Casualty which has been selling LTCi for about 30 years.

Yes, Bankers is still around and in NY they sell a home care only policy. Not sure about other states.

But, I was under the impression that Conseco LTC is not in the market (other than to service their existing policyhoders) and has been in Receivership since their bankruptcy in 2002.

But, I may be wrong.

CNO also owns Conseco, at least what their website says.

Yes, Bankers is still around and in NY they sell a home care only policy. Not sure about other states.

But, I was under the impression that Conseco LTC is not in the market (other than to service their existing policyhoders) and has been in Receivership since their bankruptcy in 2002.

But, I may be wrong.

Other than old policies, do they even use the Conseco name any more? They replaced the Conseco name with Washington National a couple of years ago.

But, I may be wrong.

The subsidiary of CNO that sold LTC insurance was called "Conseco Senior Health Ins. Co."

That subsidiary is now called "Senior Health Insurance of Pennsylvania" and is no longer owned by CNO.

You've got to remember to not confuse a holding company with any of its insurance companies, even when the names are similar.

Last edited:
originally posted by Mr_Ed

The subsidiary of CNO that sold LTC insurance was called "Conseco Senior Health Ins. Co."

That subsidiary is now called "Senior Health Insurance of Pennsylvania" and is no longer owned by CNO.

So, does Conseco as an insurance carrier still exist?
I thought they were still around in the annuity business.

originally posted by ltcadviser

Awesome news! Wow, sure brings back memories. Back in the 70's I used to love to play their handheld electronic football and basketball games. They were awesome.
Oh wait, that was Coleco.

No, you've got it right Jack. That was Conseco/Coleco. (It was a hybrid company)

For every Conseco poliyholder on claim, instead of them sending a monthly benefit check, each month the policyholder received a different handheld electronic game.

Boy, those were the days.....................

Back