Considering an offer from Liberty National Life

A very salient point, I am considering just that, but in all candor I am not sure of the mechanics.

I am also considering just staying in the industry I am in. After about a month of surveying colleagues, I've come to the realization I'm doing much better than most.

Not quite as comfortable, not quite as replete with cash as I am used to, but still doing better than most.

Thanks to all responders.

Well.

Due to the economy, your industry is either dead, or dying, and you want to explore your options within the insurance industry.

Sound familiar, folks?

While you've been very detailed as to your experience with Liberty National, you've provided quite scant information about what you do?

Accountant?

Human Resource Manager?

Real Estate Agent?

Delta Pilot?

GM line worker?

I do appreciate your investigation into this industry; however, I am concerned that, once your industry rebounds, as most do, what will be of those you've served with insurance?

Is this something you want to "try"? Or, is this a new direction you are willing to commit the rest of your life to?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but when someone gets second thought about their financial situation with their current industry, it seems they want to "try" insurance.

If you want to write your own ticket, you should attend a trade school, and be come a Garegiver, Nursing Assistant, or Home Care Provider. These are in higher demand than an insurance agent.

My two cents. And, again, I don't want to appear gruff.

You don't appear gruff, and I am not the type person who'd care if you did.

Since we're being candid , let me be plain-spoken about it:

the insurance industry is apparently as rife with buffoonery and hucksterism as the industry I'm in now......which I think I'll stay in..........you folks are more screwed up than our people.

I've gotten 3 inquiries from people directly on this score.....all of them from people wanting me to link up with them in their MLM scheme........I will assume you can guess for what national outfit..........

In none of these inquiries did anyone ever once mention in their dialogue products that benefit the consumer or the difference between themselves and other insurance companies..........not once, after having been prodded numerous times for more info.....all they wanted to talk about was income streams, organizational setup (a tipoff, even to the most unsophisticated dumbass here) and trips, trips, trips...........etc.

I'll either go indy or not at all...probably the latter.

The industry is ridiculous, rife with people whose level of couth couldnt fill up a thimble.

the insurance industry is apparently as rife with buffoonery and hucksterism as the industry I'm in now......which I think I'll stay in..........you folks are more screwed up than our people.

I've gotten 3 inquiries from people directly on this score.....all of them from people wanting me to link up with them in their MLM scheme........I will assume you can guess for what national outfit..........

In none of these inquiries did anyone ever once mention in their dialogue products that benefit the consumer or the difference between themselves and other insurance companies..........not once, after having been prodded numerous times for more info.....all they wanted to talk about was income streams, organizational setup (a tipoff, even to the most unsophisticated dumbass here) and trips, trips, trips...........etc.

The industry is ridiculous, rife with people whose level of couth couldnt fill up a thimble.

Looks like you've got it figured out, and you're eyes are wide open. Good.

Very nice response Lonewolf. It's terrible that it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch. I'm sure you have some bad apples in your bunch (industry) as well.

I still don't know what industry you are in now, lonewolf, but the torchmark companies, I.E. libnat and UA, are known for recruiting tons of newbies, then they do the "churn and burn", which in this business means hiring new people -and burning them out. Then churning the crop of newbies over and over, newbie in- and newbie out. That's the reputation they have built at libnat, maybe they may take steps to change it? Who knows, but it might help them if they did take steps to change how they do things.

Now, the fact that you are getting other folks from other companies or MLM's or whatever-trying to swoop in and recruit you on this message board- does not surprise me. However, I was simply trying to state the fact that: you can probably go to a reputable company like NYL , Metlife, Mutual of Omaha, New England, NW Mutual, so on...and probably not find buffoons and hucksters.

You can probably go to a good company and get trained by real managers who are not baffoons. Then, go indy later if you so desire. After training . Or get with someone you trust now, as a mentor, and go indy right now. The point is: you need somebody you can count on -for advice and training.
This message board has plenty of fine people and advice, but you really need somebody locally. Maybe you meet them here, maybe not, but you need training in this business. Or don't go in the business, it's up to you, but I would suggest not "going it alone", whatever you chose.

Your input is valued.

With my current industry, I have enough book there to keep me busy for quite some time, should I pursue it.

Thanks again.

:skeptical:

Someone posts on the forum, asking questions about Liberty National, providing us with very detailed information about his experience with them, and asking for any input.

:nah:

Now, when he is asked what industry HE is in, we get almost NO information.

:no:

Then, when he hears what we really think of Liberty National, not only does he decide to say he is just going to stay in his line of work, but that he knows that insurance is nothing more than a "pyramid" scheme, no matter who you work for. He suddenly has enough work to keep him busy now.

:mad:

Hope he reports to his upline our responses. I guess someone at Liberty National wanted to know what legitimate insurance agents thought of them. Now they do.

:cool:

I'm just sayin'...

Sir, you're ridiculous.

1) what industry I am in now is not germane to the issue,l and if you paid attention when you read, you' d have seen no one asked..........because it doesn't matter.

2) I never said all insurance companies are Ponzis or other forms of pyramids.....I do submit that one of them that contacted me is, without question. I would further submit there are few legitimate, upright companies to work for/with, same as in my current field, which is in tatters.

3) my current book has thousands and thousands of potentials to pull from, yes, and your response in no way pertains to the question posed.

4) I haven't spoken the folks at LNL since I signed for training materials for testing 2 weeks ago. And they've never once asked me for input on their reputation, nor have I had any substantive discussions with them about anything that might appear on the RO report, or anything at all.

They've made an offer, shown leads, and said the sky's the limit, which is about what I'd expect them to say.

5) I am not even licensed yet, I take my test on the 3rd. So there's no "upline" to report to. Hopefully you're not as flippant in your communication with your clients as you are on this forum.

Somehow I doubt it.

I was looking to cure my healthy curiousity and skepticism.

Its been cured.

Perhaps you should take a class in reading comprehension so your responses in the future might actually pertain, accurately, to the matter posted.

You're a buffoon, the type which any legitimate enterprise should rid itself of.

Last edited:

You are so right. I came into this business at 58 with a very strong business background in negotiations. The postings on this board reflect the mentality of many car dealers. A lot of know it alls and very little practical info.

It's too bad. Bob the insurance guy thinks that without him, his clients would be lost.

This industry is as full of incompetence and greed as every other industry.

The health industry is going to have to change. You can do very well for yourself selling Term Insurance over the phone. It's a real no-brainer and you can come and go as you please using Internet leads.

Back