Could Use Your Help with Prospecting....

Can you do a test run of mailers? Pick a zip code and mail out an introduction letter offering something simple and asking them to return the letter? child's insurance policy

No unfortunately not. I'm no allowed to create or mail out my own marketing material. I don't want to rock the boat until I sign my contract. Good idea though.

I am a new full-line agent as well. (I am posting, in hopes of learning here with you)...

I started out doing exactly what you previously mentioned: Visiting local businesses, rental properties & local networking events. I hit the apartment complexes hard, handing business cards & establishing new relationships with the office staff.

Some are more receptive than others, but I was recently invited to set up a tent at a customer appreciation day at a local apartment complex. I gave away gift cards via drawing (every 30 mins), to those that completed a contact card as entry form. I even sold a Renters Policy on site. It was a small turn out, but the management staff was so impressed with my committment that they invited me to set up a tent (pool-side), at a much larger event in the next few weeks.

The result is that they now put me in their newsletters, promote my agency ONLY & a few of the office staff have even bought some policies.

Hope this helps, & I welcome any feedback. Thanks

Better to use your warm market for referrals than to hit them up. Send a card or newsletter letting them know you take care of auto, health etc. and that if they come across or know of anyone that needs your services to refer your contact info. If you want keep sending tyem a newsletter with the intention of helping out your warm market with the useful info you use to keep your name in front of them every month. You never have to hit them up, you will get your referrals, and they know of your professionalism over the demonstrated newsletter so they may turn to you after you convince them of your value, and then after one year, if they dont bite you have a reason to talk to them about their insurance planning, after all you have been sending them useful info over a year!

Back