Coventry's "Referral Fee"

Like I said earlier if you happen to be contracted through Senior Market Sales when this product came out you can actually write it and not just refer it.

Like I said earlier if you happen to be contracted through Senior Market Sales when this product came out you can actually write it and not just refer it.

You had to agree to work in a retail location for a certain number of hours each week in order to receive that deal.

Don't want to get into an argument about it but I had a couple agents in my town that didn't have to sit in a Walgreens or anywhere but could sit in their office and write these all day long. Lost a couple clients because of it. Problem is I was already contracted through a different FMO so couldn't back out and go with Senior Market Sales. I know for a fact there was no agent sitting in any local pharmacy.

I'm fine with the way I got paid and my FMO. Moving to SMS from SMS was not worth being an agent of record for a PDP that will likely not be "the hottest thing" next go around.

No need to argue, here's a copy of the email:

[FONT=&quot]Coventry has a specially designed [FONT=&quot]PDP[/FONT] product available only to agents who agree to work 3 hours or more a week during the [FONT=&quot]AEP[/FONT] in a retail setting. Not just any retail setting...Walgreens and Walmart Pharmacies in particular![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Why sell the Value Plus [FONT=&quot]PDP[/FONT]?[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Very low premiums[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]No deductible[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]$0 Co-pays for preferred generic medications[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Value-added coupons for certain vitamins and supplements[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Expansive Formulary, not a Basic Plan list of drugs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Commissions are payable only to agents who agree to market in a retail setting. Agents can sell it for a referral fee otherwise, but this is the only way an agent can earn commissions.[/FONT]

I seen that same thing on Senior Market Sales website but what I'm saying is I don't believe all these agents sat in WalMart, Target, or Walgreens during the AEP. Maybe there was a way around it, not that big of a deal but I didn't really like losing clients because they could write the application in their office and I had to tell them to call in themselves.

I didn't tell them to call in themselves. We sat down in front of the computer and entered their information online in about two minutes.

I had one client that just refused to call and enroll over the phone. She also didn't have a computer to enroll. She really wanted the plan, so I went to Coventry's website and printed out the application and mailed it to her. There are other ways rather than over the phone or computer. Of course, I made nothing on this sale. I don't know if they would have paid me if I put a note with my agent # and name and requested a referral fee. Someone should try that

Back