Coverage during protests, police brutality, wrongful deaths

Agent B100

Expert
Hello,
I recently had a client ask me, What type of coverage would be good for someone who was injured in a peaceful protest, Injured by a police officer while not committing a crime of course, and for wrongful death?

I have some ideas I would take it the wrong for death would be whole life and term.
But what type of temporary policies could one take out say if you plan on engaging in political demonstrations say in a place like Portland are you scared of being attacked it like that Uber eats biker those pushed on his bike by the police?
Please only part and and answers no political injections thank you.

Please excuse the typing errors in the original message,stupid cell phone.
I'm asking what type of temporary health or life insurance policies would protect someone from police brutality, Wrongful death, Or protest situations?

That's really a ridiculous question - stupid people get stupid prizes -either a person has health insurance or they don't have health insurance - there's no such thing as coverage for protesting. I suppose if somebody wants to get themselves involved in a risky proposition and try to have no consequence for their Behavior then they could go get a short-term policy but that doesn't mean they're going to be covered if they're involved in a protest activity because there are exclusions for possible "known losses"

I'm asking what type of temporary health or life insurance policies would protect someone from police brutality, Wrongful death, Or protest situations?
Most accidental death benefit and health polices exclude injuries received while participating in a riot. If a person is there as a "peaceful" demonstrator and gets hurt, they are going to have a hard time convincing anyone that they were not taking part in the riot. As for wrongful death, that would be coverage that the police dept. would carry not the demonstrator.. the best way to not worry about any of this is don't go where you know there is potential for trouble.

Hello,
I recently had a client ask me, What type of coverage would be good for someone who was injured in a peaceful protest, Injured by a police officer while not committing a crime of course, and for wrongful death?

I have some ideas I would take it the wrong for death would be whole life and term.
But what type of temporary policies could one take out say if you plan on engaging in political demonstrations say in a place like Portland are you scared of being attacked it like that Uber eats biker those pushed on his bike by the police?
Please only part and and answers no political injections thank you.

Sounds like a claim setup.

Maybe Lloyds. But expect to pay a hefty premium to match the risk, of course.

Most accidental death benefit and health polices exclude injuries received while participating in a riot. If a person is there as a "peaceful" demonstrator and gets hurt, they are going to have a hard time convincing anyone that they were not taking part in the riot. As for wrongful death, that would be coverage that the police dept. would carry not the demonstrator.. the best way to not worry about any of this is don't go where you know there is potential for trouble.

Seems the best people to sue would be the rioters. But they do not have the deep pockets.

From an agent's standpoint why write something like that? They only need health insurance if they are attacked by policy on that one day? Their beneficiaries only need coverage if the are killed by police on that one day? Not the day before or the years after?

Come on man!

That's really a ridiculous question - stupid people get stupid prizes -either a person has health insurance or they don't have health insurance - there's no such thing as coverage for protesting. I suppose if somebody wants to get themselves involved in a risky proposition and try to have no consequence for their Behavior then they could go get a short-term policy but that doesn't mean they're going to be covered if they're involved in a protest activity because there are exclusions for possible "known losses"

Wow so emotional
Lol ,powder kegg here lol.
From an agent's standpoint why write something like that? They only need health insurance if they are attacked by policy on that one day? Their beneficiaries only need coverage if the are killed by police on that one day? Not the day before or the years after?

Come on man!
I do not specialize in this niche,so just looking for opinions. I honestly don't write anything that could be a charge back, Or that isn't on the Up-and-up, Morally and legally speaking.
Laugh out loud, Some people in this thread seem to be getting unnecessarily upset, I thought it was a strange question myself, Was just hoping some Or experienced agents could shed some light. Being To bed after a long Mo to year layoff I'm just getting back started in the business and forget many of the rules.
I said in The original post that a whole life policy ,or term policy would cover most death, excluding the usual.
Lol but anyway moving on.
Thank you for your level headed response.

I would normally guess NO as like with extreme sports and other risky behavior

However we live in strange days where black is white and up is down, and everyone is shamed to fall in the lib line

So nothing would surprise me now

Back