Covered California 13 Individual Health Plans

Finally, a media outlet discovers what we knew the moment California released a sampling of the 2014 Exchange premiums.

"Except that Lee was making a misleading comparison. He was comparing apples—the plans that Californians buy today for themselves in a robust individual market—and oranges—the highly regulated plans that small employers purchase for their workers as a group. The difference is critical."

Source: Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare to Increase Individual Insurance Premiums by 64-146% - Forbes
-ac

OMG.. I'm going to start doing like everyone else and begin creating a new discussion thread with every interesting news article that I come across. Attempts to reduce forum clutter by posting newsworthy articles within related threads isn't the way to go with this crowd! :laugh:
-Allen

OMG.. I'm going to start doing like everyone else and begin creating a new discussion thread with every interesting news article that I come across. Attempts to reduce forum clutter by posting newsworthy articles within related threads isn't the way to go with this crowd! :laugh:
-Allen

Front page Drudge Report is HUGE!!! It deserves a thread.

Sorry I didn't see your post first I saw Drudge's this a.m.

Front page Drudge Report is HUGE!!! It deserves a thread.

Sorry I didn't see your post first I saw Drudge's this a.m.

That's OK, HouCoogster. Noone saw it. I learned my lesson and will start a new thread for interesting news stories, going forward.

BTW..are you referring to DRUDGE REPORT 2013® I visit it a few times per week, but didn't know it had a "front" page. The page I see contains many, many links to various articles.
-allen

That's OK, HouCoogster. Noone saw it. I learned my lesson and will start a new thread for interesting news stories, going forward.

BTW..are you referring to DRUDGE REPORT 2013® I visit it a few times per week, but didn't know it had a "front" page. The page I see contains many, many links to various articles.
-allen

You're right. This was the main headline at the top of the screen which is even bigger.

Dude it's no skin off my azz if you want to start a new thread every time the wind blows just right

Last edited:
It's amazing how egotistical some people can be. The guy who wrote the quoted text below (EZRA KLEIN) go to great length to call AVIK ROY, over a FORBES, a liar. But, unfortunately, all he proves is what the world already knows... that ObamaCare plans are best for people with health conditions. DUH! Ezra, give it up. The California Exchange plans are flat out more expensive than today's 2013 IFP policies! You also didn't mention that ObamaCare medical provider networks will be MUCH SMALLER in size than they are today. I can't wait to see how you're going to spin that FACT to make it seem like a good thing!

EZRA KLEIN SAYS: (Washington Post)
"I ran the same search Roy (at Forbes) did. I looked for insurance in Irvine, Calif. — my home town. The average monthly premiums of the five cheapest plans is $114. So I took the middle plan, HealthNet’s IFP PPO Value 4500. It’s got a $4,500 deductible, a $2,500 deductible for brand-name medications, huge co-pays and a little “bestseller” icon next to it. And it’s only $109 a month — if they’ll sell it to you for that price.

That’s the catch, and it’s a big one. Click to buy the plan and eventually you’ll have to answer pages and pages of questions about your health history. Ever had cancer? How about an ulcer? How about a headache? Do you feel sad when it rains? When it doesn’t rain? Is there a history of cardiovascular disease in your family? Have you ever known anyone who had the flu? The actual cost of the plan will depend on how you answer those questions.

According to HealthCare.gov, 14 percent of people who try to buy that plan are turned away outright. Another 12 percent are told they’ll have to pay more than $109. So a quarter of the people who try to buy this insurance product for $109 a month are told they can’t. Those are the people who need insurance most — they are sick, or were sick, or are likely to get sick. So, again, is $109 really the price of this plan?

Comparing the pre-underwriting price of this plan to those in Obamacare’s exchanges is ridiculous! The plans in Obamacare’s exchanges have to include those people. They can’t turn anyone away or jack up rates because of a history of arthritis or heart disease."

Source: The shocking truth about Obamacare’s rate shock

I'm tempted to respond to some of these air-heads directly on their pages, but signing up for a lifetime of spam, just to be able to post a message is not worth it. The TRUTHS of their beloved ObamaCare will be seen by all of them in October, just 4 months from now.
-ac

It will be fun watching Ezra, Krugman and others spinning their lies once the public see's the actual rates . . . especially Obama voters.

Real voters don't actually read Roy, Klein and Krugman. They don't have the time to be informed, so it doesn't matter what they say or write, very little is disseminated to the masses.

Back