Critique My Plan for Success....

Honestly, you're running down the hill with a jetpack. What you have right now is a recipe for utter failure. That's the bad news.

The good news is that parts of your plan do make sense. Specifically, doing your own telemarketing and selling Medicare supplements. I have not heard good things about the data salesdialers.com provides, but that could just be one person's poor experience.
If you have an in on several large deals, using another broker to shop it and work it makes a ton of sense. It's entirely possible that there is nothing there though; I would not spend much time focusing on it.

With vTiger, SugarCRM, and the myriad of other CRM's available it doesn't seem to make sense to me for you to have any type of a CRM developed. Maybe that's not what you meant, but I would tone that down a notch. For a scratch agent an excel sheet works well enough. I use a predictive dialer for lead generation and find that the CRM built into the dialer serves my purposes just fine (for reporting) and then passing of leads in an .xls file (the way they download) is as easy a way to manage it as anything.

Here is what you might want to do:

Get contracted and learn how to sell insurance. It's entirely possible you will not make it past that step, but get there first. Do that for at least a year and get good at it.

You'll never want to sell leads to other agents; especially new ones.

Bottom line is that your goals as you've outlined them initially are infinitely too aggressive for someone with little to no experience. If you want to be successful you're going to need to learn to do things yourself first. No agent in their right mind would want to contract with a GA (low level contract to begin with) if they were going to get "support" from someone with no money (no help for marketing) and no experience (you're learning yourself).

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to be rude, but those are the facts of the situation.

This advice and that given by others hits the nail on the head. Less is more! Keep it simple! Become and expert! I use to be a quail hunter and had birddogs. You wanted a dog that would find and point quail or maybe a woodcock. A birddog that would point a rabbit, bark at a squirrel, or chase a deer was not worth much. It is the same with insurance agents. It is impossible to be all things to all people.

Latest posts

Back