Cross Selling Final Expense to Medicare Clients?

candy81286

Hi friends-

Anyone successfully cross selling final expense to their Medicare clients? If so, how are you approaching the sale? I've mentioned it to a few of my low to medium income clients but have had no luck. Curious to know how other agents are approaching it.

Thanks!

Hi friends-

Anyone successfully cross selling final expense to their Medicare clients? If so, how are you approaching the sale? I've mentioned it to a few of my low to medium income clients but have had no luck. Curious to know how other agents are approaching it.

Thanks!

Just ask them about their life insurance. When you gain a new Med Supp client or when you move a client to another Med Supp to save them money, you can often sell them FE with the money you saved them. You'll be surprized how many (40%) don't have any life insurance. Just ask.:yes:

Just ask them about their life insurance. When you gain a new Med Supp client or when you move a client to another Med Supp to save them money, you can often sell them FE with the money you saved them. You'll be surprized how many (40%) don't have any life insurance. Just ask.:yes:

Thanks, will do that!

I'm coming from the other direction and I can tell you Tom is absolutely right. If you don't ask you don't know. That goes for all the other possibilities in the house. Do you have dental and vision? Where do you have your retirement investments allocated, the list goes on and on.

Always ask the questions that you want answers to, you'll be surprised that most want to talk.

Hi friends-

Thanks!

I always used a "fact finder" when I first sat down with the client. Of course, I was looking for several things that might be a fit. Med Supp (of course), FE, SPWL, LTC, or Annuities.

I find that it works great for finding out where the clients stand with each thing and it was really un-intrusive. I did this in each and every home. At first I wasn't using it, but when I started my sales probably increased near to another 50%!

This thread shows the difference in MINDSET between product selling and seeking to become a client's Trusted Advisor. Most people don't have enough insurance. Many have gaps and overlaps. Few have good understanding of the possibilities. It is a field in which people NEED a trusted advisor. The intro can be very simple, and sincere:

I'd like to propose an informal meeting where we discuss your goals and concerns about risks and financial security. The purpose isn't to sell you anything; just to be sure you're preparation is in good shape.

This thread shows the difference in MINDSET between product selling and seeking to become a client's Trusted Advisor. Most people don't have enough insurance. Many have gaps and overlaps. Few have good understanding of the possibilities. It is a field in which people NEED a trusted advisor. The intro can be very simple, and sincere:

I'd like to propose an informal meeting where we discuss your goals and concerns about risks and financial security. The purpose isn't to sell you anything; just to be sure you're preparation is in good shape.

Hogwash! We're talking about Medicare Supplements and Final Expense insurance...not investmnts. Everyone who has posted's mindsets are just fine...thank you very much!:yes:

I always used a "fact finder" when I first sat down with the client. Of course, I was looking for several things that might be a fit. Med Supp (of course), FE, SPWL, LTC, or Annuities.

I find that it works great for finding out where the clients stand with each thing and it was really un-intrusive. I did this in each and every home. At first I wasn't using it, but when I started my sales probably increased near to another 50%!

Interesting! I wonder how this would work over the phone as I do not typically meet with clients. Would you mind sharing your fact finder?

Hogwash! We're talking about Medicare Supplements and Final Expense insurance...not investmnts. Everyone who has posted's mindsets are just fine...thank you very much!:yes:

No quarrel with any successful mindset. But it's hard to argue that a salesperson who establishes an overall trust relationship has more to sell and higher likelihood of retention/referrals.

It's not an industry-specific idea. The great car salesmen have accomplished it. And our friend wondering about a cross-sell to final expense wouldn't have asked the question if he had accomplished it.

Back