Crossing State lines to write FE

damadcrapper

Super Genius
I wrote a client in TX on a TX application and my FE carrier rejected it since the client lives in LA and I am not licensed in LA. Will any carriers take this?

I wrote a client in TX on a TX application and my FE carrier rejected it since the client lives in LA and I am not licensed in LA. Will any carriers take this?

That sounds off. Were the owner and Insured different? Normally the owner dictates the state app. In my experience.

Also as I remember LA is only about $50 for a license and maybe a two-year renewal.

must be licensed in the state of residence, crossing state lines does not exempt you from getting a non-resident license. Go to: www.nipr.com or www.sircon.com to apply for a LA license and redo the app. approvals in LA are 24 to 48 hours and you can rewrite your client using a LA app via paper or e-app.
Wow. Were you on a 3 hour tour and got lost? It's been a while. :twitchy:

must be licensed in the state of residence, crossing state lines does not exempt you from getting a non-resident license. Go to: www.nipr.com or www.sircon.com to apply for a LA license and redo the app. approvals in LA are 24 to 48 hours and you can rewrite your client using a LA app via paper or e-app.
It really depends on the company as well as the state. I used to meet GA residents in TN to take their application all the time. Some companies would accept but a few would not..

It really depends on the company as well as the state. I used to meet GA residents in TN to take their application all the time. Some companies would accept but a few would not..
Looks like Sentinel Security allows it if they didn't come to your state just to buy the policy. They even have a form to fill out in their app. :yes:

Where I am I get a ot of NY referrals from grammas and grandpas to write their children. Trans let me write the New Yorkers if they come here. MOO won't accept a NY resident no matter what because they are no longer writing new biz in NY. My guess is Trans would take the case.

Back