Best fe company to write with for new agent? Why?

The answers might vary based on your situation- If you are face to face, there are certainly more options available.

For telesales (since thats all I can speak to):
--If you are going to pick ONLY 1, I like American Amicable. Decent rates and predictable underwriting. Easy Telesales process. I am probably biased since that the initial carrier I started with, but they are just very easy to deal with.

Down the road you can add more carriers to fill in the gaps once you have a grasp on their underwriting. There isn't a concrete answer for '1 best company', otherwise we would all use them.

--Great Western also has a easy telesales process, and as @noah mentioned they can catch a lot of niches that would be uncovered (GI, H/W, debit cards)

IMHO, I don't think the answer is having 1 carrier, nor do I Think the answer is having 40 carriers. If you have the a good mix of3-5 carriers you can get most clients competitive rates.

My personal process for what I aim to get people on:
1: American Amicable Immediate if possible (decent Non-tobacco rates, better tobacco rates)
2. Accendo Preferred if the only thing giving them a waiting period on AmAm is: insulin before 50/seizures/epilepsy/Ulcerative colitis/ or height-weight
3. Accendo standard (higher rates but still day 1 coverage) if the only thing giving them a waiting period on AmAm is: Lupus/MS/Parkinsons/COPD and stoke/heart attach/ surgeries between 13-24 months ago
4. American Amicable Graded/ROP
5. Great western for any GI or debit cards

The biggest weakness there is the non-immediate plans, if they have to go graded/modified AmAm, since they are not as competitive on those as their level plans. MOST (but not all) of the my ROP AmAm clients would qualify for MoO Living Promise Graded, which is a better plan and a lot cheaper, so I plan to slot them into the #4 spot once I am officially contracted.

Last edited:
Back